ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

15's et35 on 182

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Hi,

I'm looking at getting some 15's to fit on my H&R'd cupped 182 and wondered if I would have any issues? tyres will be 195/50/15. My car is lowered by about 40mm at the mo but will be setup properly and probably highered soon.

D4ve told me that he was running the 2118's which are et38 without any problems on his lowered cup.

does et35 instead of et45 mean the wheels will stick out more or be further in?

Cheerz,

Av

Lowered 172 cup or lowered 182 cup? There is a big difference between the two. tbh ET35 is turbine offset IIRC, yes it does stick out further and IMO you'll have no hope of fitting them without it fouling bodywork in a big way. People with 182's with cup suspension have had issues with running lowered suspension and anything even slightly different the the standard ET45 rims.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Thanx for that, its a 182 cup... I was running with 16 inch oz ultraleggeras which have are et37 without any problems. These were the ones Dan Page had on his lowered 182 cup before me.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Also the rolling radius is slightly smaller on the 15's in comparision to the 16's, has anybody acutally tried it before or can someone recall somebody trying it before pls?

Leeds182 and a couple of the other guys who were amongst the first on here (including myself) to run coilovers on a cup'd 182 did have some serious rubbing issues when running different offsets. IIRC the wheels Leeds182 had were ET37 not sure about the others. ET37 is a usual offset most people supply for mk2 clio's but the track and wheelbase is different on a 182 hence why some people have expereinced problems. Surprised you ran 37's with no issue tbh.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
My car wasn't lowered when I had the ultraleggeras... Thanx for the heads up tho

Mk2 172
Lowered 172 cup or lowered 182 cup? There is a big difference between the two. tbh ET35 is turbine offset IIRC, yes it does stick out further and IMO you'll have no hope of fitting them without it fouling bodywork in a big way. People with 182's with cup suspension have had issues with running lowered suspension and anything even slightly different the the standard ET45 rims.

Yeah hes totally right. will smash the bumper mount to pieces and cause major rubbin problems. if your running it low that is.

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
What about if I have negative camber... will this not aid the offset alittle better?

Mk2 172
What about if I have negative camber... will this not aid the offset alittle better?

Hardly anything at all. you dont need anymore than 1.5 deg neg for the road and thats nearly the same as standard settings. youll never get the levels of grip to need to run say 2.5 to 3 degrees negative camber. all that will do is wear tyres out in a couple of thousand miles. people think that running massive negative camber on the road makes the car corner better but thats not true. especially when your only running road tyres and youll never reach levels of grip or forces to need huge neg camber. on the track on slicks maybe but not on the road. so no that wont solve your problem :(