ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v - Alternator bearings

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
mk1 ph2 Valver, I think my alt bearing's on the way out. But, how easy is it to diagnose it really is that and 2. How easy is it to sort?

It makes a really loud whistle/ squeak and I've had my head in the engine, and its coming from the drivers side, it seems to speed up a little when I put some revs on which is why I thought it was associated with the alt. It's definitely a bearing noise. Just wondered if anyone had ever done one? If the parts are easily accesible...

Cheers

LY 182
peice of piss, start it up, get yourself a long screwdriver and put it on the alternator (not on rotating parts obviously) and put your ear to it.
dead easy to pinpoint sounds this way, and if you really want to double confirm whip the belt off wrap a long bit of electrical wire round the pulley and pull it off as fast as you can, will spin the alternator quick enough for you to hear the noise and this can be done with all pulleys