ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

16v Engine mount's

1996 Valver
Hey

Just replaced the gearbox 'dog-bone' mount on my valver, but think the other(2?) need replacing to.

Are they easy to change? is it just a case of unbolting the mounts while suspending the engine- then swapping over?
Also cost's????

Thanks

There not much £40 or so probably.
Easy to chnage them though only a few bolts to do.
The gearbox side is more work as you have to remove the battery etc but its not huge.

£80 for big one next to PAS pump.
£35 for smaller one under battery.

That's from Renault. I'd recommend getting genuine ones.. I changed all mine and it's amazing now.

Well, I didn't do it - Mat did :D

We didn't just do the mounts, we did lots of other stuff at the same time - just made sense to change the mounts aswell.

1996 Valver
ok.......pics?
Should i start with the two main and look into this R19 mount at a later date?

Fitting the 19 mount, won't fix any problems with the other mounts.

The 19 mount is a nice extra, but I'd only fit it after I knew the other 3 were in good condition.

My Williams now is solid as a rock on standard mounts. (well, dogbone is a HillPower uprated one..)

1996 Valver
Just ordered the 2mounts, £110 in total:S

Wish I didnt go to Renault as they have messed me around so much with parts recently (week late:mad: ) but wanted the original parts!

Hoping it will be worth the £££££