ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 headlight washers, a couple of questions...

Da

Less
picked up my new headlight washers today with the intention of fitting them to my non-sport cos I have xenons fitted. Now the 'instructions' that come with them, well...pathetic doesn't come close! :dapprove: There's a white collar type thing on each of the washers where they push into the bumper, what are these for and how do they fit?? Also no lock-nuts are included when you buy the washers so I'm needing 2 to fit if anyone knows the size? (i think it's 16mm??)

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated :cool:

:rasp:

Da

Less
yes they can and you have 2 options... either link to existing pipe work so they spray when you wash your screen or add a new pump,bottle, pipework and dash switch etc...

Da

Less
i'm doing it this weekend mate, bought all the pipework etc today for £15. I'm adding them to the existing piping so they spray when I wash the windscreen.

Da

Less
well i will be posting up once done mate, I'd be happy to help you out with a bit of a guide. Where you based?
The washers are £7odd each from Renault dealers...i have the part numbers if you need them and the tubing/adaptors/clips etc are from halfords. Cost me £30 all in. Nice cheap mod :approve:

www.renparts.co.uk
can i have the part number for the washers? so thats 7 quid for the little black sticky out ugly things complete with the ball bits that go in the end?

Megane225FF
so thats 7 quid for the little black sticky out ugly things complete with the ball bits that go in the end?
yep - they're £7
IIRC the white washer things are set at an angle, so they sit nice & tight to the curved bumper.

Da

Less
joshydee said:
can i have the part number for the washers? so thats 7 quid for the little black sticky out ugly things complete with the ball bits that go in the end?
yes mate, £7 and a few pence, was less than £15 for pair anyways. Part numbers are 7701207168 and 7701207152
Oh and you need 2 x M14 1.5mm thread nuts to fit the washers as they don't come supplied mate!

Cheers doc, but i've worked it out now ;) just needed to take it apart and fiddle about :)

RenaultSport clio 172 mk1
i had the black ball bit that goes in the end missing took it top renault for a service they said that i needed a complete new black thing, i thought fair enought carnt be that expensive. renault wanted £100 to fit them ad they would ave to take the bumper off i told them were to go £100 to fit a headlight washer. have you got the part number for the head light washer the black thing

Megane225FF
Part numbers are 7701207168 and 7701207152
one is for the left hand side, one is for the right (make sure you get the right one!!) £7 each, but you have to take the bumper off to fit them, thats where Renault make £££ on labour.