ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 Insurance

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
How much on average would you expect to pay,
20yr old male
1year Driving
1 NCB
PassPlus
Living in a Band F area in SE London

Chars. :)

RacingBlue 182
im 20, 2years no claims n payin 1500 on a 182 with admiral, try gettin a quote with them, they was by far the cheapest, im goin to cancel when i turn 21 tho and find sumwhere cheaper as ins drops loads when you turn 21, hope that helps

Admiral quote me 4.5grand on a 182, the only thing i can see which is pushing the price up so much is where im living, :S

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I'm 20 with 2 yrs NCB

Elephant and Bell were the most competitive.....both are a sub comapny from admiral......£1600 for me

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Arg these bloody insurance threads, just go to each insurer and get a quote, it's the only way.

I have been, am just curious to know what others my age are paying, and why mine seems to be alot higher that others. Surely if these threads seems to annoy you so much it would be better you not clicking them aye :)

rs megane 230 R26
try direct line, im 23, driving 5yrs, but no NCB, due to company car.

just got quote for £1050. fully comp in garage etc.

works out monthly instalements of bout 90quid, which i dont thinks bad considering its a group 16 motor!!!

well i've got a few qoutes recently and i live in west yorks band F as you do, i'm 19, 1year ncb, pass plus and garaged and i got a quote of 2300 with a company called highway but it was through adrian flux

How big a factor is the area you live in? enough to warrant a 2-3k increase, surely not?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I have been, am just curious to know what others my age are paying, and why mine seems to be alot higher that others. Surely if these threads seems to annoy you so much it would be better you not clicking them aye :)

lol fair do's ;)

I'm 22 (21 when i got the policy)
Fully comp £907
Direct line
0NCB

L

lenny85

21yrs old
3yrs NCD
no claims
no points
£695 fully comp with admiral :)

Chelsea tractor
Right got bored and had a laugh getting some interesting insurance quotes on a 172...

23 Years old
Full Licence Licence held for 5 years
5 years NCB
No claims
3 points from a TS10 in 2004
Living in the cheapest insurance band

Fully Comp quotes were mostly between £930 and £1200. Admiral quoted over 1300. I almost fell off my chair! Bit wierd considering that it stated 804 for a Disco3... Might have to get one of those next easter then...

Edit - forgot to add that the quotes were with either £200 or £250 excess

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.4 Automati
19, paying about 800 with Norwich Union, but then again, i have a 1.4 and i live on the outskirts of leicester - oh i have 1 year NCB looking to renew it in a few months.

GW RS200
Hahaha at last being an old fart pays off!

32 yrs old
12 yrs licence
12yrs NCB
No points
Beds area
A touch over £300 quid.

What's the cheapest quote for a 172/182 that anyone on the forum is paying, I wonder?

I swore I'd never own a car with over a grands worth of insurance! I was so pleased the day I checked for my dream 172 and in came in under...

S.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^ i still think me quote is the cheapest on here for my age and 0ncb :)

Chelsea tractor
Excellent. Just had a quote of 486.54 smackers from Churchill. Looks like I'll be getting one of these then lol