ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 rear vs standard bumper...

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
anyone know what the difference in size is? ie from to bottom.

What to buy an exhaust for my mk2 ph2 non sport that sits in the bumper (like a sport).

Evo 8 MR
Photo6-1.jpg

Do it.

What do you want to know the sizes for?

RS 172+
Allied question. What's the 'standard' rear bumper on a 172? Mine has no tailpipe cutouts, some have one on the nearside, and some have twins?

Never above 25mpg
Twin exhausts are the 182s, 172s can't have them as having both backboxes would get rid of the spare wheel well but K-tec do a mock-up exhaust that looks like the 182 for both sport and non-sport.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
sorry was unclear in my first post was getting late!

Yep i want to do the same as 'dynamique+' and ive seen an exhaust being used on the same model as mine but with a 172 bumber instead of the standard one like dynamique's. i just wanted to know is there was a difference in height of the bumper.

Or am i talking rubbish and the exhaust can just be moved up and down vertically to a desired level?

not sure if any of this makes sense tbh

Megane 225 F1
^ The only bumper that comes with cutouts is the 182 because of the twin exhaust. The 172s exhaust is a stealth exhaust and so there is no cut out for it. I can only imagine that the size is exactly the same or just a few mm bigger or smaller. Shouldnt make a difference tbh.

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Makes sense to me chap... but afraid I don't know the answer :S

So a standard 172 comes without a tailpipe cutout, or with one?

Without. Is there even a difference or it just the shape? from pictures ive seen it does look like the 172 bumper is bigger ie hangs lower to the ground. Then again sports sit lower anyway...:S