ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 supercharger

2005 Nissan Navara
Of course you can, you just need someone who is able to re-calibrate it.

Paul mapped his S/C 172 with no problems.

White Evo V
Im getting my 172 suercharged at RS Tuning in about 2 weeks time now. Paul is mapping it on the standard ecu and will be running approx 250bhp on standard internals

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
dont ever remember saying that you "cant" use the std ECU. We have run the 1st on Omex for obvious reasons.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Stock ecu mapped with the rotrex, NO restrictor hence the rate the power is climbing and why i lifted off where i did!

I took it to 7500 when mapping a couple of weeks ago but killed a ring after 50 miles mapping high rpm.

172charged.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Stock ecu mapped with the rotrex, NO restrictor hence the rate the power is climbing and why i lifted off where i did!

I took it to 7500 when mapping a couple of weeks ago but killed a ring after 50 miles mapping high rpm.

172charged.jpg

What price is the full SC package gonna be paul ?

BMW M135I
Hi guys, i no this is my first post but ive been folowing this thread for a while, just looking at the figures and talk of the clio that achieved 312 bhp.
Im can see this supercharger appove uses standard internals but what/ would there be any point in cams etc and what kind of impact would it affect on the performance or would just simply a revised ecu and boost be sufficient with internal upgrades?

Lionel Richie
don't forget the cruise control etc etc, some people want all that tat still

would it be fair to say the one kit from one company uses the OE ecu remapped and you can keep the cruise, ESP yadda yadda, and this omex kit will be + OMEX ecu ONLY plus you have to change the throttle body to a mk1 cable setup (so assumption being it will be more expensive)??? and you loose the FBW and hence the ESP/cruise etc correct?

182 cup
not really, i had to make a deal with the beast!! i now have extra house duties while i'm at home.

needless to say i'm looking for more work away from home.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cant Belive ive just built my engine to NA high comp and this comes out lol!

I should of been the first ;(

raw striker
pricing was all done on Friday. we are just waiting for final checking and approval from the powers above. hoping for Monday but all depends if the boss is in the building or not that day.

we will supply prices as soon as humanly possible :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
pricing was all done on Friday. we are just waiting for final checking and approval from the powers above. hoping for Monday but all depends if the boss is in the building or not that day.

we will supply prices as soon as humanly possible :)

Brilliant, cheers. Price depending i might have to buy another Clio for this kit!

williams and trophy
i can honesly say........the mod is well worth the outlay...........very rare i say this........but it gets my seal of approval ;)

williams and trophy
personally id say it needs a bit more..........but thats jus me bein greedy lol. power delivery is spot on....and it goes like fuk......but i reckon it can handle more........so should have more lol.

ITB'd MK1
personally id say it needs a bit more..........but thats jus me bein greedy lol. power delivery is spot on....and it goes like fuk......but i reckon it can handle more........so should have more lol.

I recon you're right. Pushing it a bit on a 100k engine though lol. We'll have to see what the "next step" will yeild ;)

williams and trophy
yeah i realise that once its finished it will be somewhere nearer the limit lol.

i need to borrow it more.......blow it up...get more power sooner hehe.......

williams and trophy
but id only get to the end of the car park before id broke it.

no good to me....i like to thrash em lol

@ 175 peak I would expect it to be the standards clios tourque & bhp curves against the s/c clios results

edit: bottom of the graph explains all "Super charged 172 low boost vs Std 172 Ph1"

Looks good chap!

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
I'd be very proud of what you've created there!

Once my insurance is sensible on the clio, and I have some monies stashed away, put me down for one of these, I need to make the Clio special, and not just some worthless Cat C with a blown air bag :dapprove:

and leaky manifold gasket

2005 Nissan Navara
edit: bottom of the graph explains all "Super charged 172 low boost vs Std 172 Ph1"

well spotted lol

thought it would be standard-ish, expected a couple of light mods for those figures though.

Impressive figures :)

why's the supercharged clio so low at lower rpm..thought they were better lower down and without reducing the compression i thought that it would be level with or above the standard car..

or am i reading it wrong