ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/182 xenon headlights

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

how much do these cost from renault?

can they be fitted easily to non sport models?

anyone got a part code??

Clio 172mk2

price in rip speed 499 to 699

dred to think renault prices , try scappers for clio thats been writ off from rear. and hope scrappers dont have a clue on price

172 cup'd extreme

the units just plug in with the existing connectors try j3ned see if he has any (i got mine from him)

not a clio anymore

as said, apparently they are a straight swap, but they wont be legal if you dont have auto-level and washer for them.

Polo + Micra

Quote: Originally posted by nonos on 21 August 2005
as said, apparently they are a straight swap, but they wont be legal if you dont have auto-level and washer for them.

you only need them if xenon headlights are factory fitted

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 21 August 2005

correct! only need washers on factory fitted xenons

i had xenons on my 106 (H4 fitment), cost me £200 from america and came within two days.

now sat on my mates astra gsi

theyre WAY brighter than the 172/182 projector xenons.

My mate brought round a CTR the other day on an 05 plate (test drive from the dealer) and I couldnt see any washers for the headlights and Im sure they were zenons!?!?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 21 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 21 August 2005

correct! only need washers on factory fitted xenons

Is it not an mot req?

Clio v6

According to HID

LEGALITY

NOTES ON ROAD LEGALITY AND QUALITY OF OUR HID :

* Both versions of our HID systems are DOT approved, MOT approved and fully E-compliant in all safety, E.M. emmission and performance specifications. As far as we are aware these are the only HID kits on the market that meet all these requirements.
* This makes our kits ROAD LEGAL ; there is a lot of misinformation regarding the legality of HID systems fitted to cars without headlamp power wash and rear axle self levelling ...these are only an E.U. legal requirement on Xenon systems fitted to NEW cars AT THE FACTORY PRODUCTION STAGE .
* HID systems fitted as aftermarket accessory DO NOT REQUIRE the car to have power wash or self levelling

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Fair enough, ive seen so many aftermarket kits fitted wrongly so go careful.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 21 August 2005

the units just plug in with the existing connectors try j3ned see if he has any (i got mine from him)
Didnt you need the ignitors for them mate?

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

so if i got the 172/82 xenons id need to fit the washers???

if so how crap is that?? they wouldnt exactly move very much off the lens as i have to put a load of elbow grease into getting the bugs off lol

anyone got a part code anyway from renault??

Anyone with a 172/182 taken a look at what bulbs they use for the xenons? Are they made from Philips? Also are the projectors made by Hella?

Cheers,

Kenn.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye you need the charge packs, auto levelers, the xenons bulbs and the actual headlamps, IIRC from renault it would cost £1500-2000 for all the replacement parts.

Im not sure if you would have to do anythign with the wiring looms aswell ?

ST

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 22 August 2005

Ive got brand new ones at £175 each and they come with the xenon bulbs as well !!!
So could i just fit these to my car as is and id have xenons?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

according to james post the self level/washers systems only apply to systems fitted at production. The actual xenon light wiring circuit is the same as other cars up to the headlight connector.On a car without xenons (clio anyway) there is no wiring in place for the self level. The wiring layout is very simple but you will need to get connectors from somewhere. I know a lot of megane 2,scenic 2 and laguna 2 have the loom in place even when the xenons arent fitted. If you could ever find one being broke up anywhere you could get the connectors off that. you will also need a diag plug connector or wire it to the original diag plug. You need to be able to use clip on it to set up the level sensors etc. Im personally going to source some connectors and fit the self level system when i do mine as i dont want any legal comeback say as if im in an accident and the other driver said i dazzled him etc. Im not bothering with the washer jets because they do jack sh*t anyway.

off topic question - could anybody give me a few links to renault breakers?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

??? the connectors are just needed to fit the self level which is what I AM going to do you do what you want!

if your just fitting the lights thats it then the original vehicle connectors fit.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

My new lights come with the charger, all the bulbs and will fit straight onto a standard clio with the same connectors. I can supply the connectors - its up to you to wire them up.....so thats £350 + vat new !!!!

They are genuine new Renault btw

Heya,

Just wondering the xenon lights you got directly from renault for your clio, what is the make of the projectors? Is it from Hella? Also the xenon bulbs are they Philips or Osram?

Cheers,
Kenn.

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 22 August 2005

My new lights come with the charger, all the bulbs and will fit straight onto a standard clio with the same connectors. I can supply the connectors - its up to you to wire them up.....so thats £350 + vat new !!!!

They are genuine new Renault btw