ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 aint got much top end has it!!

A4 Avant
I was sure my Trophy used to get to 120 easier than that. After 120 is slowed down a lot!

Thing is though how often do you need to get to those speeds??

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Everyday for me Nigel,lol.

Yeah compared to what its capable of lower down the speedo,after 120MPH its heavy going,i've been passed by a 2.4 Honda Accord for goodness sake :eek:

VaVa
Why would you buy a lightweight 170 bhp rollerskate with the aerodynamics of a brick and want to go 150 mph in it?

:rolleyes:

BMW M135i
If that was third then how hard were you revving it ? I swear all the vids i've seen they'll hit 90ish in 3rd.

Oh, and ^^ ditto. Its not a high speed cruising machine, its a hot hatch.

BMW M3
I was think it seemed a bit slow before i read the comments. Although mine is modded a bit, and it was the same before mods, mine seems to get to 100 faster then that. 100-120 as well but thats different since the mods... a bit quicker then std.

Agree though that they are not motorway high speed cruisers at all.

182 FF
My mk1 manages 90mph in third, but i've had it at 140mph, had to drive with the wind behind me. ;)

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
My valver also does around 90 in third. Have had it showing 230 km/h on the speedo a couple of times

J

JACKO CUP 172!

u sure he didnt mean to type 1.2??i would say mine is a lot faster than that tbh..

Nissan 350Z
Not sure really, up to about 90 or 100 or so, that looks about right to me. Seems to start accelerating at about an indicated 47-48 in 2nd (probably 45 genuine). Then to reach an indicated 105 (maybe a genuine 100) takes around 15-16 secs. Admittedly i didnt sit there with a stop watch, but surely thats more or less par for the course with a standard 172?

Thing is when you actually drive it, it seems faster than it probably is...

Yeh, but how come the time of video showed approximately 10 secs. to 60mph.
It didn't. He started just after 40, got it slowly upto 50 and then gunned it (The 50-60 time was about 2 seconds). I was about top-end speed from 50 not from 0, 'FFS'.

LY 200

Does no one smell a rat FFS

Perhaps he was in 3rd or 4th... Wait... I don't believe it either.. He's trying to trick everyone:rolleyes:

Yep he has type r in his user name so i dont believe either!!! Lol

I tested mine a few months back on a shortish stretch of private runway from 30 in second and i thought it got to 120 in no time at all, aloty faster than that vid showed anyway........Thats all id wanna be doin in a car like a clio anyway and wouldnt wanna be doing that too often!!!

As said there not about top end, the low down out of roundabouts and bends on a and b roads upto legal speeds is good enough for me personally!!!

LY 200
It didn't. He started just after 40, got it slowly upto 50 and then gunned it (The 50-60 time was about 2 seconds). I was about top-end speed from 50 not from 0, 'FFS'.

Even with that being the case what gear was he in when he started to go for it!? How many gear changes did you count in that vid?

I know if mines out of gear and off the power then it affects the performance at a noticeable rate!!!

I'm not discussing how it went after 60. Merely stating the build-up. IMO it was a little slow after a tonne. Not that I've ever gone above a tonne of course. ;)

406 passion wagon..
I get close to 120 in 4th, he changed to early into 5th!! I get around 90 in 3rd... I'd say my mk1 is quicker than that vid....

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Before ITG and S/S cat back, mine seemed hard work getting upto and over 120. Obviously only do these sort of speeds on the autobahns when I'm working in Germany .

With mods, i can breeze 140.

0-60mph last timed at 7.5s [damp, not hitting limiter]:coffee:

I'll have to try a dry one and keep you posted.

Ph1
God i mean they should be pulling 60 to 120 in like 1 second

Put the norman goggles down, there's nothing wrong with that at all