ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Alarm

111s

Ive noticed that occassionally when locking the car, the alarm gives three bleeps. i assume this means its armed? or can it be set up so it doesnt bleep at all. Just a bit concerned that the alarm isnt arming.

Also, when selecting first after being stationary it goes in with a klunk or dull thud. is it just a characteristic of the box or will i be taking a trip to the dealer for the usual g/ box problem.

To find out if the alarm is arming, lock as normal, wait 30seconds or so, and then unlock and open the door using the key.

The alarm should then sound, if it doesnt then there is something wrong with it!

As for your gearbox I cant help, but no doubt someone on here will know if its "a trip to Renault" time.

Could the alarm be trying to warn you that the doors arent shut correctly? It did for me, although I cant recall how many beeps it gave.

Mine does this occasionally as well. I have put it down to the door not being shut properly. I have just opened and shut the door again press the keyfob and it usually locks without any beeps.

The 3 beeps after locking the car indicate that the ultrasonic sensors are switched off. It is only supposed to happen after you switch the ignition on/off twice and then lock it - but seeing as its a Renault mine does it whenever it feels like it!

Ive had it into the dealer on 6 occasions to fix it but they "cant find anything wrong" even after I show them the fault.