ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 and 182 engine

Williams20V-306BHP
What is the differance in the two engines. obviously the power but is this just because it has a differant ecu mapping or does it have better internals...

im gonna do a engine swap so which is the best. value for money ect

There little difference the 182 has a different intake and exhaust manifold but its not a huge difference. The ECU map were chnaged but just to up the fueling to compexsate for the better breathering etc the intake and exhaust manifold give. Also the cat is bigger so less restriction there.

If you can get hold of a 182 engine for a little extra go for that but its not worth spending much doing it.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
same engine really.... the heads were different from the early cup cars to the later 172/182 with smaller exhaust ports....

Williams20V-306BHP
cool, thanks for that.... the engines seam cheeper than a williams engine n i don't thing n e one has put on in a mk1 valver but corect me if im wrong... So wats best for modding... i got exhaust decat... ect but who does good re-maps....

earlier 172's until about late '02 had the sport head casting, with larger exhaust ports which flow much better. THe later 172's and 182's/cups have a head based on the turbo casting, much smaller exhasut ports which flow about 20% less. The valves/cams/geometry is the same.

But cnc programs for the 182 inlets seem to be marginally better.