ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Brake Questions

Appears that on the rear of my MK1 172, the drivers side brake pads have worn considerably more than the left hand side. what can cause this. is it fixable? Car goes a reno for its 40,000km service soon, so guess theyll sort it but was just curious

Also, since will be replacing the rear pads, should i just fit standard renault ones? EBC? etc?

my cars similar, i dont notice any difference as i dont do much hard breaking, just uncompromising down changes! My left fronts always a lot dirtier than my right though

std, dont bother with EBC........its only the rears, and if i were replacing any pads with harder ones. The i would be inclined for the Mintex 1144, or DS2000 which after talks with the distrubutor has been superseeded by the DS2500s, but how true that is i dont know.

ALternatively, pagid pads are fantastic.

why do you say not bothering with EBC ben? Is my thinking correct that if going to replace the pads with anything but standard, should replace front/rear with the same? never heard of mintex before.. prolly something cant get in aus :/

EBC arent the greatest pads about.......but coverage has been good from the like of teh many boy racer mags so thats why most people know abot them...granted thier very hard blue and yellow compunds are good, but their street compunds are poo.

Mintex is a famous friction material manufacturer, and you should be able to get them anywhere.

the rears do basically no braking work bar the handbrake and 10% of general braking force. So wera is niglegable and balance wont shift dramatically. But yes, you are more than able to and its your choice to change the rear pads as well as the fronts to the same compound.

wouldnt happen to know what the mintex part nos would be for a MK1 clio 172 (front/rear)??
And how would they perform for ordinary city driving/highway etc? take would perform better under extereme braking conditions (hooning??) than standard

Ok. found the part numbers for the 172 (www.mintex.co.uk), but, anyone know a place these can be ordered online AND ship internationally??

i bought my pads from rally design....the mintex ones and have used them on several track days. On a MK1 XR2 witha 150bhp X-flow, std diameter discs but softer, 1144 pads, custom suspension blah blah blah.....no fade.......at all....which i found bloody good for the price!

Im not sure if they do 172 pads, but N.D. Hill said that the rears were tha same as the clio 16V on the rear and i know the front are teh same as the 2ltr megane coupe if that helps.

http://www.raldes.co.uk/http://www.raldes.co.uk/

not sure if demontweeks do it.......but i think they do, as i remember talking to Joh Harris about it a while ago.