ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cam belts

172 PH1,Skoda oct VRS
My service history was stolen from my car about a month back went to renault to get my old history stamped and it says i havent had the belt done it said it had on the old history??? He couldnt find it on the computer so now i am worried as my car is a 2000 ph1. Can you fit these your self?? I get the bits ok, done a belt on a ford but the small amount of space on the clio worries me.

Thanks People

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i wouldnt do it your self m8, theres a few renault tools u need to it.... just get to Rentech

Flame Red 172!
Just had mine done and apparently it's a complete c**t of a job mate, unless its not got aircon and then I think it's supposed to be quite a bit easier but i'm assuming yours is ff...

The mechanic I took mine to said "nah, don't need special tools mate, got these universal ones that'll do the job!" I said "no really, I think you'll find that you need the tools to do it..."

Next time I saw him he looked at me like he wanted to kill me...turns out he did need the tools and had to go out and buy 'em!

...love those 'I told you so' moments! ;)

Think they're about £100?...don't quote me on it though, probably just completely made that up but i'm sure that's what I heard.

Lionel Richie
tools aren't expensive around £70 from memory

its a bit of a f**k about, but once you've done one, its not that bad

Lionel Richie
nothing on the decats yet, i'll price it up for you for the cambelt, wwe're not the cheapest out there, but we know what we're doing

CTR--VX220D
Here is mine having cam belt done - bu YozzaS:- [Plus loads of other stuff!]

http://renaultsport-clio.blogspot.com/

VisitYoz1.jpg

Last edited:
  1998 BMW e46 323i
Approximately: Kits cost £145 from Renault. Double that for labour and bob's your uncle.

Can you not find out if indeed it has been changed already?