ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clio into an R5 GTT

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Are right cool, whats the other bracket from? reno part? have you got a part no. for the other bracket, surely you could get a belt from say GSF or camberely auto factors?

James

A

ashy_gtt

7700718613 is the part number for the plated adjuster bracket, do you have the part number for the actual mounting block James, would be interested in doing this myself.

Think I'm using a hallfords 6 groove 825 belt mate.

R5 GTT
Are right cool, whats the other bracket from? reno part? have you got a part no. for the other bracket, surely you could get a belt from say GSF or camberely auto factors?

James

The brackets are off an R5 GTX but when I was down the scrappie yesterday I noticed the Volvo 480 / 440's used some of the same brackets (typical i had purchased these from Renault before i found out), but then it does use a renault F series engine

The other bracket is off a Renault 5 GTX part number is 8200031832 £44.17 net VAT

Alternator long bolt 7703101094 £3.90 net VAT
The bolts that hold the block bracket on you will need 3 x are part number 7703101073 £1.56 net VAT each

R5 GTT
Nice one mate, remeber you saying the bracket was only £20 odd right, part no. 7700718613

How were reno about ordering as its gonna be an old part right?

With ref to the Zinc part the number you quoted it took 5 days to arrive as it was on back order but everything else i got next day.

But if you go down the scrappies you may be able to do it alo cheaper than going direct to renault matey.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice one mate, shall try get down the scrappy next weekend & have a look under the bonnets of a few volvo's & see what there is knocking about ;)

Just another quick one James, could you fit a bigger pulley to the alternator to get the belt to fit right?

Looking good james... I will be following the project closely :)

I normally run a 820mm 6 rip belt with my set up.... but anything around that is cool

You can get the brackets above on many other cars 1.7 volvos, 1.7 R5 GTX and 1.7 R19

R5 GTT
Well have measured the belt I require and I can just get away with an 825 - 830 mm belt.

Been down to halfords as only place open was unable to get a 6pk825 belt but manage to get a 5 pk 825 version which should be fine no 830's available.

More pics to follow

R5 GTT
5pk 825 Alt Belt now properly on
IMG_4459.gif

Started putting it all back together
IMG_4461.gif

Sprayed the inlet plenium / manifold up and polished the text up (Not the best spray job)
IMG_4466.gif

clio sport 172
Saw one the other week at a resort called the Vines out in Swan Valley. Must be the only one in WA cos i havent seen one before. In top nick and sat on 17s, very nice.

R5 GTT
It's a 1 sided sticky type awaiting the arrival of heatwrap cable tyes in next couple of days before it finally goes on LOL.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
looking good mate, how much was the heat wrap & where from? wonder if it could be done while the manifold is still on the car

ITB'd MK1
looking good mate, how much was the heat wrap & where from? wonder if it could be done while the manifold is still on the car

No chance. It's a job to be done with a vise and a bucket of water. Getting the wrap wet helps it to stretch and mould nicely. Getting the wrap tight is important as is uniform overlapping (50% overlap on each pass which gives you a double layer all over)

Agree on the cable tie things, shite!!

I used chicken wire, bloody brilliant!

I was told not to wrap my tubular manifold to tight so the metal had room to expand a little, it was tight but not proper stretched if you know what i mean.

R5 GTT
been playing with the engine tonight got the phase 1 172 loom attached to the engine and attempted to change over the throttle body from the fly by to the cable version only to find that my cable throttle body does not fit???? Does the phase 1 inlet plenum have a bigger throttle body than a phase 2 or have I got the wrong cable throttle body?

IMG_4475.gif

R5 GTT
Just done a search on my dialogys and there is 2 x part numbers for the cable throttle bodies and mine is neither:(

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
The upper (phelum) ph1 and ph2 inlet mani are different. You need a ph1 upper inlet mani and thinking about it you might even need the lower part, someone on here will tell you.

A

ashy_gtt

Aye think you can only get 2 screws in. I use a Phase 1 TB on a phase 2 plenum on mine mate, its not a problem just fit two of the screws to hold it in place then drill and tap 2 x M6 holes in the other side. Jobs a goodun :)

R5 GTT
Aye think you can only get 2 screws in. I use a Phase 1 TB on a phase 2 plenum on mine mate, its not a problem just fit two of the screws to hold it in place then drill and tap 2 x M6 holes in the other side. Jobs a goodun :)

Ashy you are a star I am just being lazy and couldn't be arsed to drill and tap but it's probably the simplest and easiest way to do it.

(Update pic please ignore the fuel rail cover as that will not be staying, only on to protect it when we get it out of the shed)

IMG_4472.gif

A

ashy_gtt

Altought looking at that throttle body it looks like the meganne type? I'm sure the clio ones don't have the water cooled / heated section.

R5 GTT
Well engine is pretty much ready to go into the R5 pending me drilling and tapping the inlet plenium to accept the phase 1 172 TB. (Need to buy a new drill bit as can only find knackered ones:(

IMG_4485.gif

Lionel Richie
the wiring loom under the injectors is supposed to go above the fuel rail and sits insdie that big lump of ali

R5 GTT

Well managd to get the phase 2 plenium drilled and tapped tonight so it would accept the phase 1 Cable TB. Ended up haveing to drill 3 holes as the could only get 1 in (no worries it's all on with new gasket aswell). Off the engine stand aswell now on the crane in the shed ready to go in the car pending some RTOC buddies assistance to carry it to the front of the house:) and then back onto the crane and into the R5 then I have to worry about the wiring next:S:eek:

M

mini-valver

You dont need that hose and bolt on the water gallery dude....