ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Clio into an R5 GTT

R5 GTT
R5 16v fibreglass bonnet added not to my taste but it is serving a purpose (Still needs spraying not @ the top of my list of priorities at the moment though)
IMG_4674.gif

'92 172, Lotus Elise
got any pictures of that conversion? how has he done the gearbox... chassis cutting? :D

renault clio 182 tur
cool project mate . would be awsome 172 turbo lump in the 5 .
the 182 i have is pushing 309bh and that goes well . 5 has less weight so would be stupidly quick ( if you can get power down)!

R5 GTT
Been a while since my last post car is very nearly done now got the following left to do.
1) Get some 12mm bore fuel pipe,
2) Sort engine earths out,
3) Replace starter,

4) Tidy wire routing up (will do once running)
5) Spray bonnet (will do once running).

Pic of how she looks today
IMG_4752.gif

Phase 1 172
Amazine,

Ive had a r5gtt before and thort it was awsome apart from the rubbish engine.

Would love a r5 with a clio sport engine! Great work buddy!:cool:

R5 GTT
Almost there just can't get the b**ch to run at the mo :S
IMG_4772.gif

Starter engages, fuel pump sounding but nothing else is happening???

A

ashy_gtt

Is the engine turning over on the starter? If so have you checked that you have a spark?

It'll be something dead simple, always is!! (usually TDC sensor on my engine)

Golf GTD Mk7
how you figure it out soon mate. bet your dying to give her a drive. Probably be something so simple :S

R5 GTT
Well it turns out it is not my dogey wiring but an ECU that was sold to me as being demobilised when in fact it was not:( hence the immobiliser symptons.

R5 GTT
Getting really bored now almost there just got to get the ECU demobilised so just tidying things up with the car so started with a good clean
IMG_4813.gif

IMG_4806.gif

Have replaced most of the under car fuel supply pipe with braided versions (Fuel tank to cossie pump is now 12mm bore pipe instead of 8mm OE stuff)
IMG_4804.gif

R5 GTT
Well she is getting their very slowly had some fueling probs recently which turned out to be split phase 1 172 fuel rail and obviously I am still awaiting the ECU to be demobilised. (Hence no more pics or vid's yet)
But I have now added the following to the spec list (These parts will be required when I go turbo anyway and a change of injectors when that happens + i have different injectors for when I go turbo already aswell LOL)
Volvo T5 Alloy fuel rail (modified to fit F4r lump) ,
Cosworth Yellow Injectors,
Cosworth 044 Fuel Pump and some braided line,
IMG_4831.gif

R5 GTT
Standard are 250cc and the ones I am using are standard cossie jobbies which are 270cc size wise they are a lot bigger than the standard peco ones

R5 GTT
Cheers matey, ECU is now on it's way back from being demobilised, just need to sort the timing out now and put the bits I have taken off to clean and paint back on for it to be running fully.