ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup ->200bhp/ton ideas please

Hey up,

I'm pretty new to all this modding stuff so please goeasy on me! Anyway, after having taken a regular 172 and a 172 cup for a test drive last week, I have decided the Cup is much more my type of car, so will be on the lookout for one over the coming months, then to keep me occupied over summer, i'll be looking to up the power a bit.

I'm looking to get 200bhp/ton as it seems like a decent figure, no other reason! I'd be looking to do the following:

Weight wise:
Get rid of back seats and other unnesescary junk

Power wise:
Induction kit
Cams
Chip
Sports cat

I think (by my shoddy calculations!) that should get me pretty close, however if you guys think there is a better/cheaper solution, please let me know!

Cheers,
Nic

SLK 350
Panel filter, Cams, Chip + Remap, Decat, SS exhaust. Should get you near the mark. £1000+

Or you could get an electric supercharger off eBay, and some 'superduper' eBay power chip! £60

Both methods will get you exactly the same power!

You may be a bit shy of 200bhp/ton with that.

I would say replace the front seats with buckets and a flowed head on top of that.

probably getting on for 4k though.

VaVa
Maxogen, AWT Cams, Ported Inlet manifold, SMT6, Decat and Zorst should see you up to 195 ish... coupled witha bit of weight loss, you'll see 200 bhp/ton.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
^^^ What that man says.Along with some nice bucket seats it will be sorted. But if you've a spare £4.5-5K spend it on ITB's with cams and all the bits and you'll see close to 225BHp....Thats what i'm going to be doing.
John

lagerlout1 said:
Maxogen, AWT Cams, Ported Inlet manifold, SMT6, Decat and Zorst should see you up to 195 ish... coupled witha bit of weight loss, you'll see 200 bhp/ton.

Cheers, as i'm going to be modding the car, who is best for insurance? I've seen Greenlight mentioned a couple of times on these forums so am thinking it's best to go with them?

I am with greenlight.

Coilovers, cams, standalone management, exhaust, sports cat, manifold match, IK.

All declared cost is £600, I am 29.

Since the cars 166hp or s standad get the intake monifold work done on its own and you'll be about 174hp or so then seriously strip the car and you'll be there or very close.

edde said:
Since the cars 166hp or s standad get the intake monifold work done on its own and you'll be about 174hp or so then seriously strip the car and you'll be there or very close.

With 175bhp you would need a car that weighed 875kg.

A standard cup is 1011kg.

So about a 136kg loss.

I suppose a 50kg loss, get rid of seats and replace with buckets, gives you a 960kg car then you would need 190-195bhp.

MarkM said:
With 175bhp you would need a car that weighed 875kg.

A standard cup is 1011kg.

So about a 136kg loss.

I suppose a 50kg loss, get rid of seats and replace with buckets, gives you a 960kg car then you would need 190-195bhp.
I was thnking a drastic weight reduction program ligthweight battery no rear wiper no fogs no grill I'm sure its possible its about the racer car weight and mthey have a cage although thats discounted against having wiring for lights etc.

P

Pedron

it all depends hw m cash u hav to spend bt i wud .leave the back seats in cause u always like to take ur mate out for a hack.i wud put a set of light weight bucket seats in.change ur alloys to a set of light weight one for abt £600 and they can shed 25 kg there.an induction kits on,a full exuast system on it.i mean manifold to back box.get the ecu remap.and sum better brakes so u can barke later for the corners.

clio 200 F4Rt
no point keeping rear seats if you put buckets in, as its nie on impossible to get through to the back!

If you really wanna loose weight, get rid of everything, all plastic trim, carpet, roof lining etc.

Replace the essentials (seats, steering wheel etc) with lightweight stuff, then get onto that engine.

Not fogetting lots of power is useless without control, so make sure you sort the suspension and brakes!!!