ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup and 182 spare wheel well..

Turbos.
Currently i run around with tyre foam rather than a spare wheel in my 172. Obviously, with no support the boot floor is sagging into the spare wheel well. I know i could just cut some MDF but was wondering, is the spare wheel well welded up in the Cup and 182 models or is there an OEM ready cut bit of stuff to fix my problem?

Cheers

cock mobile.
For the record as well, a 172 Cup has a spare wheel hole, I had a spare alloy in mine.

actually for the record the 172 cup spare wheel well isnt big enough as when i put my cup spare in it the board cover doesn't come down flush , its more for a space saver than an actual alloy wheel :eek:

Turbos.
Suprised it wouldn't fit, the 15" space saver has 185/55s i think. The overall diameter is within a few mm of a 16" with 195/45s.

VaVa
MInes the sadme rob.... Always wonderd what the Cup's have. I just have tool kit and tyre foam in mine and the boot carpet sags into the hole :(

cock mobile.
kullycliosport said:
actually for the record the 172 cup spare wheel well isnt big enough as when i put my cup spare in it the board cover doesn't come down flush , its more for a space saver than an actual alloy wheel :eek:

I had a spare turini with std size tyre and it fitted perfectly.

The gap is the exact same on the 172.