ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Aux Belt Change! Easy Peezy!

172 Cup
After having new aux belt sitting in my boot for a few months I finally got a few hours free to change it. And why did I need a few hours? Not at all took 20minutes and that included 5 minutes to find the tools. All you need are 10, 13 and 16mm spanners/sockets to loosen the tensioner and alternator retaining bolts, new belt to replace the old and a couple of plasters for knuckles after squeezing the belt in place. Easy peezy, anyone who's ever held a spanner in there life before who needs this belt changed I would no way pay someone to do something so simple. I'd give it a 2 out of 5 spanners dificulty rating!lol I've afew photos i took which I'll upload later and make a wee guid up.

Times like this make me glad I bought a Cup! :) :)

Last edited:
  Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Did u replace the tensioner? It's not the belt that fails it's the tensioner. Not an easy job if you have a non cup as said above

172 Cup
Theres no replaceable "tensioner" on the Cup as in the FFs. I think the thing that is most likely to go on the Cup is the alternator bearings!

gek

Clio 172 Cup
Looking forward to the guide as mine's just started squeaking on start up so looking to change it in the near future.

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Because you have an a/c compressor, a belt about 3 times longer, a tensioner & guide to change aswell!

.. but being able to de-mist windows in no time & keep nice & cool on the "odd" hot weathered day makes it all worth it :approve: