ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup big brake kits & good coilovers

TTRS, 172 Cup track
hi guys, new to the renault scene.

Looking to get a 172 for work at the green hell.

Planning on striping, caging, buckets, big brakes, mounts, bushes and coilovers.

However Im struggling to find info on good big brake kits and coilovers for this car via google. The few members cars ive seen have had raceland or other budget coilovers fitted, looking for something a bit more racy.

Any tips and info for me? Not looking to do power mods btw, all about the cornering speeds and fun with this project :cool:

Depends on budget

AST are really good but you're looking at around £1600 for the coilovers
Sub 1k I'd say spax rsx kit, or fk konigsports etc..

Big brake kits there's a few - I've got the wilwood kit that an be supplied by K-Tec or Jamsport

You should be able to find most of the info using the seach on here ;)

320d
I've got it from very good authoritory that 'big brake kits' are not needed. Bearing in mind the cup racer 1*2's just used standard calipers and disks.

What you want is some updated pads such as DS2500, braided brake lines and some good brake fluid such as a DOT 5.1.

For heavy track use it is also recommended that you run some brake ducting to get air onto them for cooling. All this can be done for less that £300 judging by prices of parts.

Correct - the standard calipers with DS2500's and brembo HC pads, braided lines - good enough for 90% of track use.
However that setup costs about £250 and you can grab a wilwood setup with new DS2500's and brembo HC discs for £500. I know it's double the money but it's more than double the braking force and in my eyes that was worth it.

It's all well and good saying what the cup racers ran - but the cup racers also ran a standard engine, that doesn't mean it's the best lol

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Sounds good, maybe I should give stock brakes a chance at first.

Gotta love these little hatchbacks though, everything is so much cheaper than VAG stuff.

What about ARBs? Any other chassis mods I should know about?

TTRS, 172 Cup track
i'll add that to my list! Anyone done LSD?

I know I said no engine mods, but are there any must doengine upgrades at all?