ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Body Roll

Clio 200 Cup
I did a trackday at Oulton on wednesday and experienced more body roll than I would have liked.

I'm running standard dampers, Eibach Sportlines and Yokohama S-Drive tyres - so not on sticky rubber.

Is it possible to buy a stiffer front anti-roll bar? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Kev

Golf GTD Mk7
I did a trackday at Oulton on wednesday and experienced more body roll than I would have liked.

I'm running standard dampers, Eibach Sportlines and Yokohama S-Drive tyres - so not on sticky rubber.

Is it possible to buy a stiffer front anti-roll bar? or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Kev

I was there mate, you should have come say hi. ;)

Setup wise, sportlines are slightly too soft for track work and probably too low for the damper rating/setup. You can upgrade to polybush fixings which might help. Rear arb will also help.

I run standard setup with prolines, 15" rims with illegal r888s at 28/26psi f/r and it felt very planted. No over steer what so ever. It does roll a little too much, but oulton has a lot of off camber corners so you'll get roll no matter what setup your using. I'll probably adjust the rear Tyres to 27psi next time as I experienced slight understeer in the slower corners. It was my third time there, and I've got faster everytime. It's quite a tricky curcuit to nail. Still need to grow a set for Druids though :(

Clio 200 Cup

Setup wise, sportlines are slightly too soft for track work and probably too low for the damper rating/setup. You can upgrade to polybush fixings which might help. Rear arb will also help.

I run standard setup with prolines, 15" rims with illegal r888s at 28/26psi f/r and it felt very planted. No over steer what so ever. It does roll a little too much, but oulton has a lot of off camber corners so you'll get roll no matter what setup your using. I'll probably adjust the rear Tyres to 27psi next time as I experienced slight understeer in the slower corners. It was my third time there, and I've got faster everytime. It's quite a tricky curcuit to nail. Still need to grow a set for Druids though :(

Cheers Jonny, I'm thinking new bushes all round and maybe a rear ARB. See how it goes then make some more changes. Druids was hairy in the wet but I actually quite liked it once I'd nailed the entry speed.

Did you get a run out in the 200 Cup? I had a session late on and couldn't beleive the difference. I need one in my life...

Last edited:
  RS200 Cup

I'll probably adjust the rear Tyres to 27psi next time as I experienced slight understeer in the slower corners.

I believe that in dry conditions, more air = more grip, not 100% sure in damp or wet. I run 32/30 f/r with 16" Proxes which is great in the dry but needs weight transferring to the front in the wet.

RS RIP
Kevin, i have looked in to this and a Whiteline rear Anti sway/roll bar seems a very good option/sollution ! Balance-motorsports do them over in the UK. I'm getting one too.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
I found that my ast top mounts tightened things up on the track quite nicely