ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup, Bournemouth

Ibis A3 BE
Spotted a 172 Cup not far from Bournemouth today, at around 2pm (I think).

Also saw a Silver 172 with a girl with black hair driving near Bmth today too.

Anyone off of here?

A Beautiful R32
There is a blue cup that is always in one place in Bournemouth, but I'm not posting it as I don't want them to get itr nicked!! lol... last time I saw him he gave me a nod as I drove by ;)

Haven't seen a silver 172 driven by a girl in the area though...

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
In term time I was seeing them near the Uni all the time.

I saw a blue Cup in Poole yesterday - perhaps the same?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Cherry red, but I've only had it a week, so you'd most likely have seen me in a white 106 Rallye S2, or before that a yellow 205 Rallye, or yellow 106 GTI :D

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
I'm outside of Bournemouth, in the quaint village of Corfe Mullen :)

I work in Poole over the summer, and am around the Uni in term time

A Beautiful R32
Ah, I'm always heading out that way... my mrs lives in Blandford... I'll keep an eye out for you ;)

Ibis A3 BE
Pete - not sure who was driving the Cup. Just glimpsed it as I was heading off a roundabout.

Cup 172
rich_84 said:
Spotted a 172 Cup not far from Bournemouth today, at around 2pm (I think).

Also saw a Silver 172 with a girl with black hair driving near Bmth today too.

Anyone off of here?

The cup was me mate...i had a good look at the car as you went off round the roundabout..looked sweet, was'nt sure if you had seen me or not

ben

Ibis A3 BE
Hi Ben,

Yeah of course I'd seen you - was just trying to minimise time looking away from the road lol

Where abouts do you live?

I'm in West Parley near Ferndown about 5 miles out of Bournemouth.

Nice to 'meet' you, and your proper cup was looking good too!

Cup 172
thanks mate:)..i live in lymington..i had just been to look at an elise near poole..can't decide whether to keep the cup or go for the lotus..cup is soooo good to drive still

Ibis A3 BE
That must be a tough decision... - I, in the other hand do not have the funds to contemplate that sort of change, but very rarely find anything to dissapoint me in my 182 either, so am happy to stick with it!

What will help you make your mind up? Any idea?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Clio_007 said:
thanks mate:)..i live in lymington..i had just been to look at an elise near poole..can't decide whether to keep the cup or go for the lotus..cup is soooo good to drive still

Were you the blue 172 I saw then?

Cup 172
Rich-well i work abroad for about half the year so i claim tax back..so far it has'nt arrived though!!..if it comes through soon then i think i might go for the lotus

Darren-yep most probably was me if it was a 172 cup

Ibis A3 BE
Well good luck with getting your tax back! Lotus is a totally different proposition from the Cup, and I bet it will be just as much fun if not more once you get used to it. Just a bit more money needed to run the thing I guess?

Cup 172
i've done some research and they are not too bad to run in terms of costs..i'm 6'4 though so backache would be the biggest problem probly mate lol :)

Ibis A3 BE
Clio_007 said:
i've done some research and they are not too bad to run in terms of costs..i'm 6'4 though so backache would be the biggest problem probly mate lol :)

That's cool - I was expecting it to be an increase in running costs. I don't have the height problem, I'm 5'10 so can squish into anything! Haha Have you been for anymore test-drives?

-172 Cup Turbo-
I will have to keep an eye out for you guys, i live in the broadstone area.
Someone beeped me the other day in a dark blue 172 as i was going up Gravel Hill, any one on here?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
CUP TURBO said:
I will have to keep an eye out for you guys, i live in the broadstone area.
Someone beeped me the other day in a dark blue 172 as i was going up Gravel Hill, any one on here?

You have a 172 turbo in Broadstone?!

I'm in Corfe Mullen. Will have to look out...

Any pics?