ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup developed a few problems

172 Cup
After about 8k miles of ownership the clio has developed a few problems

The gearbox sticks occasionly in first gear? Im looking to give the car a good service this month, including changing the gearbox oil, would this solve the problem?

Fitted brembo discs and pads to the front last month but now this past week they have started squeaking under breaking? Everything was cleaned and greased before refitting :S

The exhaust is standard and since ive had the car its been a little louder before 3 and 4k revs but recently Its become really loud it sounds awful in that part of the rev range But good in all other parts?

Any help to diagnose any of these problems woud be great, thanks in advance :)

182 cup
For the brakes, take for a spirited drive and utilise some heavy breaking. This should stop he squeaking as it did on mine when I fitted new discs

172 Cup
I had a very slight 'clunk' when selecting 1st gear quickly, but renewing the gearbox oil seemed to eradicate the problem!

172 Cup
Thank you for the replys, I'll try both now this month

As for the exhaust note, is it always louder between 3 and 4k revs or is it just mine has developed a problem?

Suspension has gone rock solid too so plenty to keep me busy