ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup doing 0-60 in about 5 secs?

M

mini-valver

MarkCup off here. It's stripped of about 100 kgs IIRC. Quick car......

SchwepTek™
^^ you only use the code at the end of the URL and put it in between the youtube code.

Like this -

[YOUTUBE]9BE4edzLua8[/YOUTUBE

but with a close bracket on the end.

Honda & VW
Interesting, seems a very easy and fairly cheap way to get a 5 second 0-60 car, can't cost more than a few hundred quid if you source a second hand exhaust and decat pipe?

Honda & VW
^^ you only use the code at the end of the URL and put it in between the youtube code.

Like this -

[youtube]9BE4edzLua8[/YOUTUBE

I did exactly this, does the second youtube code need to be in capitals or something?

SchwepTek™

Like this -

[youtube]9BE4edzLua8[/YOUTUBE

I did exactly this, does the second youtube code need to be in capitals or something?

Probably, if you click "go advanced" theres a youtube button, then you just insert the end digits from the URL.

Nippy white cup
I have got a properly timed 5.39 0-60 with a video somewhere. Marks is similar in pace to mine so defo about right imo

320d
Markcup's cup is rapid tbh. Only breathing mods and ecu but it weights nothing. Its got over 100,000 miles on it aswell.

wasnt the blue dash clio that quick aswel...
2secs...*searches for vid*
not sure on its 0-60 time but its ITB'd

edit: Daz's Clio
[YOUTUBE]9SL4uFqPJ20[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
  200 cup & 106 GTi
Wow 0-60 in around 6 seconds(speedo is fairly far out, and it takes over 5 secs to get to 60 on the speedo)
You can see it clearly runs out of puff at about 70 indicated, 0-60 is just a number, doesn't say much about true performance.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No way is my car a 5 second car!

If you watch the video properly and listen to it as well, you'll hear me start moving when the handbrake light goes out...which is at least 1 second before the speedo needle gets moving.

Don't forget the speedo starts at 10mph...so if you watch the needle only, yes, I can do 10mph-60mph in 5 seconds...but not 0-60.

I wasn't stripped at all back when I did this run so an early to mid 6 second run is probably about right.

Must get another run done now it's 900kgs, and I'll do it with track tyres on too...with a good launch I should get it down to late 5's then.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
wasnt the blue dash clio that quick aswel...
2secs...*searches for vid*
not sure on its 0-60 time but its ITB'd

edit: Daz's Clio
[YOUTUBE]9SL4uFqPJ20[/YOUTUBE]

like that alot.

extra shift light as well :approve: