ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup exhaust, standard or upgrade??

renault clio 172 cup
Hi,
My Cup has a blow on the middle section where the back box joins, is it worth replacing with standard or upgrading? Can anyone recommend a decent quiet unobtrusive aftermarket replacement? Not looking for 4 inch rear box etc etc bit too old for that now.

Any help appreciated please;)

Clio 182
Upgrade, get a recessed one - with a 182 surround, just fitted mine and looks loads better

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Upgrade, get a recessed one - with a 182 surround, just fitted mine and looks loads better

I personally wouldnt as you have to carve it out of your bumper and i like to keep standard look but that is 'imo' of course ;)

Definitely upgrade, pointless getting a standard system because it'll just rot away and need replacing again.

I went for a stealth on mine so it saved cutting in to the back bumper but that's just my personal preference because I prefer that look on the 172/172Cups.

172 Cup
Personly not a fan of the k-tec at all. If you want to keep the stealth style then Yozza. BTB is nice if you can get your hands on one

renault clio 172 cup
I went to my local lookers renault dealer and the guy there recommended K tec over buying a genuine renault one and he works for Renault!! The middle section from renault is £250!! and the back box is more, Ktec is £350 ish for the middle and back box so think i'll go for that!!