ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup - expected bhp?

Lotus Elise
hi i'm new here, i drive a 106 gti with a few mods, stripped out etc. which currently does a 14.8 1/4 mile.

i'm probably going to get a cup next month but have a couple of questions, i've done a search but couldn't really find anything.
so do these sound like decent mods to do?, a cup with decent exhaust/de-cat, enclosed filter, manifold and R-sport ecu (is that right?) what sort of power would it put out and what 1/4 mile time should it achieve if driven to it's limits? should be a fair bit quicker than 14.8? cheers.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yer good mods to start, dont think ur gona get much more than 14.4 , 14.8 is good for a gti

Lotus Elise
see i was gonna get my gti cammed and re-mapped next montha and ill be doing 14.4 anyway. can you get a good set of cams for a cup and then a re-map? would that be better. i'm aiming for around the 14 sec mark :) then i'll be happy.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've got my cup chipped, full exhaust and decat, bmc cda filter and i did a 14.306 at pod in the summer, so it is possible

VaVa
It's a bit of a lotto really. As with any car there are good ones and bad ones. Judging by your time it would appear you got a good 106!

But there are Cups on here ( Chris n nic and neil82cup) who have decat, R-Sport and filter and both have run a 14.1. Neil has also had a 14.2 with a 100.7 mph terminal iirc.

There are some standards Cups that have run 14.5. And there are some that don't seem to get below 15.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
What he said^ lol

Get a good one and simple breathing mods + chip will get you 14.1/14.2s or get a dud and you be stuck in high 14s with the same mods!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
i have orbisoud full exhast, 182 manifold, r sport ecu and ITG panel filter and got 192.3 @wheels a couple of weeks ago....

was v pleased!!!

davesrealgood said:
i have orbisoud full exhast, 182 manifold, r sport ecu and ITG panel filter and got 192.3 @wheels a couple of weeks ago....

was v pleased!!!

so about 225bhp at fly? bullshit..

think you mean 192.3@fly

davesrealgood said:

was v pleased!!!

Nice mods ^^.

The 182 manifold has got to be worth doing if you have the money.

If you add cams and a remap (SMT) you will be seeing 200+bhp.

If you are just bothered about doing the fastest possible 1/4mile buy a 5 turbo instead and a cheap runabout for when it breaks down.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
193bhp is amazing for the mods u've done...infact unheard of. Neils cup was runing 182 when it ran 14.1...But he's got alot more mods now.

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
i've not rr'd my ph1 172, but with a cat back zorst (prob no gain), open relocated piperx viper (prob no gain and hopefully no real loss) and a modded inlet manofold (very impressive) i ran a 14.8 at the pod

Snotter's
they couldnt have been setup correctly then,with cams,manifold,decat,ind kit and re -map they are slightly quicker than 172's (in std form) T/B's wont really give much more peak power but they have much more bhp lower down in the revs

SOHROB said:
they couldnt have been setup correctly then,with cams,manifold,decat,ind kit and re -map they are slightly quicker than 172's (in std form) T/B's wont really give much more peak power but they have much more bhp lower down in the revs

was done by TMS

his standard engine was a flyer though.. with slight breathing mods it did a 14.5 second quarter. bizarre.

Snotter's
i use tms and have heard about this car,afaik they send the engine to longmans who do the build,with the mods i mentioned minus t/b's 150-160 bhp is the norm.Was the problem not sorted at a later date ?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Fred2001Dynamic said:
all stems back to "how reliable are rolling roads for POWER FIGURES?"

Have to agree with you there fred, all the matters is i know it goes, and sounds fappin lovely!! :rasp:

Lotus Elise
SOHROB said:

more than slightly quicker :eek: my mates VTS had 161bhp which is similar to a 172 and it only weighed 890kgs with the seats and carpets stripped.