ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Help/Diagram Needed

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a diagram of how to remove the dash in a 172 Cup (not that I think it would be any different from a normal 172).

Looked at the previous posts and worked out i need to remove:

3 screws along windscreen
2 screws at ends of dash
3 screws under steering wheel
2 screws under dials
3 screws under blue (silver on 172) trim on left
1 screw under blue trim on right
But the bugger wont move - it seems to be stuck in the middle!

Any help greatly appreciated as the sound system needs all the help it can get (have new speakers all round for the system and new head unit on the way).

Laurence.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

are you removing the surrounds from around the steering column once they are unscrewed? cos it wont move anywhere unless you do that? sounds like a stupid question but i thought id ask it?

Gaz 2130

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hi Gaz,

Yea I removed the top half of the steering wheel cover which then had two screws underneath it.

What about the A-pillas, how do they unclip? Do they have to come right off because I dont want to upset the alarm sensors?

Cheers

Laurence

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ahhh, forgot about them, yes they have to come right off, dont worry about the sensors they are only running on cables and can easily be put back, the pillars thereselves are just held on by clips, so its just a case of giving them a good pull (there is a main clip however that you will probably need to undo, it is about 90% of the way up the pillar), if you prise the pillar off the car abit and look in you should be able to see it and undo it, then the rest should come off quite easily. Once the pillar is loose if you just pull them off vertically cos they kind of sit in the top of the dash.

Hope this helps,

Gaz 2130

Nissan R35 GT-R

Gaz: Thanks for your help - will let you know how it goes on Sunday as thats the first chance Ill get to have another go at it.

Mike: Ive heard that theres another couple of hundred kilos under the bonnet - might get rid of that too. ;)