ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Immobiliser Problem

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Hello there people.

Hopefully someone on here can help me out!

I decided to take out the sterio system in my car today as bought the car with it in and have not had the time to take the stupid things out.

So disconnected the battery and then took out the speakers, wiring, etc.

Connected up the battery again and gave it a charge.

Then tried to start the car again and it wont start, the immobiliser light stays on and a STOP light.

Turns over then dies...

I have tried the spare key and the same happens.

I have had a search and all i can find is i need a new ring or something, but why just by disconnecting the battery would i have all these problems?

Is there something i can do/am not doing to reset the immobiliser?

Please help as i have work in the morning!

Many Thanks,

Jamie.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Does your car lock ok using key fob?, check your fuses if it wont lock, my guess is you have blown a fuse

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
I have checked all the fuses Vern and they are fine.

Yea it locks ok with the fob and unlocks.

JW

ITB 172 Cup & 197 FF
Well tried to start it after work today and... It fired up first time.

Rang Renault during the day and they didnt know what to do either, lucky for me the thing sorted itself out.

Clio Sport 172
Had similar prob on my 02 172 last week, sometimes it would not start, the red light (immob light) would not go out when it wouldn't start....

Took it to Renault they put it on the diagnostics and it came up with a fault with the ring decoder, they also cleaned up some relays that were silghtly corroded and re synchronised my key......didnt replace the deocder, just cleared the memory....no probs since (touch wood).....:)