ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172/cup insurance

Im 20 and Ive had my 1.2 16v Clio for 4 months but as ive just got a decent job I was thinking of trading it in for a cup or a 172, trouble is I cant get an online insurance quote to give me an idea of the cost. Ive been driving over 3 years now and I have 2 years no claims and have no accidents or convictions, anyone know of any insurers that do an online quote? Ive tried elephant.co.uk but I cant remember my password and Liverpool Victoria were ridiculously expensive.

Any others?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

I got insurance with quote line direct on the web, you could try autotrader and follow the insurance links

hope this helps!

you will be looking at over 2k for sure mostprobably a lot more than that and imho the 172 aint worth it and i drive one

i got a good qoute with Admoral £1200 fully comp, im 21 only 2 years no claims as i didnt start learning to drive til i was older.

996 Carrera

try comparing a load of insurers using confused.com.

They gave me a good quote from Admiral but Elephant bettered them slightly.

Ring up Elephant if the website wont let u in - I had the same problem.

172 Cup

Yep!

Nice to see you on the forum again mate. Havent heard from you since your engine went bang.

Just did a check on confused.com, just to see if they could get cheaper insurance for me....most of the companys didnt give a quote and the ones that did are ALL more expensive than Im paying!!!!....what a load of crap...

I think maybe someones getting paid to promote certain compnys.....:(

im 24 with 3yrs NCD and paying 900 fully comp with no claims or points against me, billabong you are in bristol arent you ? if so a mate of mine had a vts and when he moved from swindon to bristol his insurance doubled, so im guessing youll be looking at at least 1800 possibly more like 2k-2.5k tho :(

Leon Cupra

Griff,

Got the engine fixed free of charge and then two weeks after some idiot in a merk hit me and totaled it. And being the nice guy that he was didnt stop, so I lost 2 of my 4 years NCD. Got a insurance friendly Mk2 Punto Sporting at the moment (because the insurance renewal on another 172 was £1400 and I aint paying that) im thinking about getting a Cup next year.

My 172 is actually back on the road now some guy in Kinver fixed it.

Been surfing Scoobynet for the last few months, didnt really want to come write back on to cliosport because losing the 172 really did piss me off and upset me so coming on hear and seeing loads of other people with 172s would just rub salt into the wound. Any how that was 9 months ago and im itching for a Cup so im back.

Tim.

Golf 1.4 TSI

I AM 21 AND WITH TESCO, QUOTE WAS 1200 WHEN I GOT MINE WITH MY DAD ON THE POLICY, 920 FULLY COMP ON MY OWN. THATS WITH 4YRS NO CLAIMS AND A LICENCE SINCE I WAS 18, PRETTY GOOD, BEST QUOTE I GOT