ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 CUP INSURANCE

I have a 172 CUP and I am looking for a better insurance quote than I already have. I checked out Tett Hamilton as it says on the Clio Sport web site that they are a top insurance company for sports cars etc.

Unfortunately they couldnt beat a quote I have had from Direct line. If anyone has had a quote for under £1000.00 can you let me know.

Many Thanks

p.s. This 172 CUP is a fantastic car!!;)

I use directline, its always the cheapest for whatever car ive had to get quotes for.

-Rob

p.s please use a more readable fontsize!

becky i use direct line as i cant find anyone cheaper, you can do an insurance search on the autotrader website, it will list top 20ish.

directline best for me too.

how old are you becks/ncb etc?

pugboy

p.s. youre not in stockport are you, ive seen a modded one knocking about with a chick drivin...

Ive seen two Cups outside of the club members, both driven my women! (SE london) They must like a bit of rough!

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 07 May 2003

Ive seen two Cups outside of the club members, both driven my women! (SE london) They must like a bit of rough!

-Rob
Actually Im completely the opposite. I would exactly call myself rough. I just loved speed.

Quote: Originally posted by Pugboy on 07 May 2003

directline best for me too.

how old are you becks/ncb etc?

pugboy

p.s. youre not in stockport are you, ive seen a modded one knocking about with a chick drivin...

Actually, I live in Surrey (South london). But I do originally come from a place near Wrexham.

Im 29 and got 3 years NCB.

i got a 1.2, the cheapest insurance i could find was actually renault insurance. Have you tried them? i was gobsmacked when they beat the cheapest i had found by £100!

esure.com are very good.. but you have to have at least 3 years NCD.. and not be a student and a load of other things.. heh.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 07 May 2003

esure.com are very good.. but you have to have at least 3 years NCD.. and not be a student and a load of other things.. heh.
esure.com will only insure me (29 will immaculate record and 5Y NCB) on a 172 when I hit 30. I currently pay £479 with Direct Line and they are similar to esure when I hit 30 being £415.

Direct line for me too. Cup, 32, 7yrs NCB, £450. Oh, and I live in Wrexham. Tescos and Liverpool Victoria were both close at around £520-550.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Ditto DirectLine. Spent various "spare minutes" at work getting Internet quotes from all sorts of companies. DirectLine (or Privilege since theyre the same) gave me lowest quote. Renaults on-line system uses the DirectLine back-end (same web-pages etc.) but was £40 more than DirectLine.

172 Mk1, 32, + my missus, protected max NCB (actually 13yrs but they give up counting after about 5yrs), sunny South coast, £150 voluntary excess = £420.