ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup - Keep it clean!

E36 328i
Hi all,

After owning an RX-8 and the constant problems it gave me, I wanted something cheap and fun. This came up in the next town over so I snapped it up! I bought it at 63,000 with FSH, minus the belt change, but the previous owner had just spent 1k on it so it's really well looked after. Here is how it stood on the day I got it.

8056120977_2e2f5be198.jpg

IMG_2995 by matt_13289, on Flickr

8056118579_4c8d6e199b.jpg

IMG_3004 by matt_13289, on Flickr

8056116003_001ab0dd95.jpg

IMG_3006 by matt_13289, on Flickr

8056115380_f60a76a9bc.jpg

IMG_3007 by matt_13289, on Flickr

As you can see, wheels and headlights were shot. Cambelt was done with aux and dephaser, and the headlights were sorted with a wet and + mop. Wheels were done by Inspraytions in Rochester, if anyone is local then I would highly recommend! The calipers were painted up and the new wheels were put on with new bolts.

Service wise its had 2 track rod ends, oil and filter change, plugs leads and coilpack, injectors, gearbox oil, coolant change w/ thermostat - all genuine bits. My mechanic currently rallies these cars and has suggested that the wishbone bushes need addressing. As I don't use the car for commuting, I will be uprating them to powerflex ones, as well as the roll bar bushes. I already have a dogbone mount ready to go in. The only issue it has is a strange starting problem from warm but it is intermittent and doesn't bother me too much.

As of yesterday it was lowered on Eibach Sportlines and I'm really in love with the car now. Only a few of how it stands at the moment from my phone.

8054329746_1c7c64e5a1.jpg

Untitled by matt_13289, on Flickr

8054325703_74f944f3ce.jpg

I have chucked some wind deflectors on and some clean plates, so happy with the way it looks now!

Future plans

98 ron map
Stiff shift from Yanoo on here
Whiteline ARB
Some sort of catback, probably a BTM
Polybushed
Possibly a 182 interior

Thanks for looking, this is also going to be a record of maintenance for me so I don't loose track of what's been done. I don't think I'll ever sell this car, once I need a cheap to run daily I will garage it and just stare at it.

C+C welcome :approve:

Looks absolutely lovely, I do miss my cup at times :( Anthracite alloys really suite them IMO, get the whiteline on there, you'll love it!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Looks quite similar to mine (so looks pretty good) ha.
I too can't see me ever selling mine specially with the amount I've spent on it to be fair.
My wheels look exactly the same colour and yet I think I'm going to do the opposite...back to silver wheels and silver bullets.

E36 328i
Spose I should update this! Over the winter has seen:

RS Tuner 98 map
New wishbones as the old bushes were mangled
Polybush inner and outer ARB bushes
Gearbox oil/coolant change with t/stat
200 style badge for the rear
A near miss resulting in a kerbed alloy which will need to be powdercoated again!!!

It has been minging recently due to the weather but a quick wash soon got it back to standard, the Zaino stuff lasted all winter and still protecting! I have noticed a lot of movement in the upper engine mount so that will be replaced along with the upper gearbox and polybushed dog bone. Still needs an exhaust but toying with the idea of a visible tail pipe cut into the bumper. Brake fluid change along with discs and pads will be the last thing before it is mechanically mint.

E36 328i
8455009799_861b0c8815.jpg

A quick picture (I have put the badge on pissed!!) of how it stands. Hasn't moved for a week as I walk to work and it needs a good detail. Front tyres are almost done, which means I can finally get contisport 3's all round as the ones on there at the moment are terrible.