ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup not starting when hot

clio 172 Cup
Having issues with my cup, drives fine on the road but once you turn the engine off it won't always start. Cranks fine but no spark or fuel. Had the RAC run diagnostics and ecu is reading no crank position. Crank position sensor has been changed for a genuine item. Any other ideas????

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Was it the newer blue item with the new wiring loom section? If not, fit this

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
hi i had same problem and it was solved with a new coolant temp sensor cost 20 quid

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
hi also changed the battery as read thats can cause problems i had new crank sensor and loom no differendce fitted new battery ans cts sensor now all good

clio 172 Cup
Weird how the battery can effect it. What I dont understand is why any of these would cause the ecu to see no crank position. My battery seems to be fine, it's only a few years old and holds charge well.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
i took it to a tuner who said it aint measuring rpm on the diagnostics ie not revving so changed tdc to no improvement if i was you i would try a genuine renault crank sensor and new loom and i got my coolant sensor from euro car parts 20 quid now car is spot on cause my crank sensor didnt improve doesnt mean u might not need 1 id try those 2 first cheap parts to try if its not those you can still get your money back keep receipt and tell them changed part but that wasnt the problem i got my crank sensor refunded lol hope this helps al

clio 172 Cup
I fitted a genuine new tdc sensor and loom yesterday and still no better. I will fit a new coolant sensor tomo to see if that's helps. Intermittent issues are such a pain to fix!!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
tell me about it phil the cup is a amazing car had mine 4 weeks only 30k on clock lol 2 lady owners its a peach but when something goes wrong im scared to drive it its stressful when u order the sensor its the 1 with a black connector on the end their website shows 2 its the first 1 ok any help let me know take care al

clio 172 Cup
Will be fitting the new sensor this afternoon and will see how it goes. I have a different starter motor to fit on the weekend as mine is a bit noisy after all the cranking!