ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup owner!!!!!

172 cup baby
Had my car for 4 days now.been saving for a long while and to be honest,,,,,,i think nits brill! just a bit funny about taking it to the 5000 rev surge as afraid that the kidda will break......Will it? any help cheers:approve:

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Had my car for 4 days now.been saving for a long while and to be honest,,,,,,i think nits brill! just a bit funny about taking it to the 5000 rev surge as afraid that the kidda will break......Will it? any help cheers:approve:

The fun begins at 5000rpm

ST
5298520d-9884-11da-b372-750684c28b75.wmv.flv.jpg

172 cup baby
some reasurring points some not so.......think ill just do it every now and again, i know what these french cars are like

I don't really have a '5k kick'.

My car pulls hard from about 2800 rpm until the red line but I rarely take it beyond 5000 as it seems to do it's best work between 2800 and 5500rpm and I'm travelling pretty quickly by then anyway.

I've read that these engines can vary from car to car in how they deliver their power so maybe other owners need to give theirs a good caning.

Focus ST170
I find mine pulls like a B hatch from 3k to 6k then calms down a bit..
but by then your going fast enuff so who cares ?? ;)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Max power will be above 5k revs, so you might be travelling fast enough by the time you get to that end of the rev range, but you probably took bloody ages to get there.

Warm it up and then give it some stick, the more you abuse it, the faster it gets.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i cant belive im reading this royston surely youve had it bouncing off the limiter a few times to realise as has been said the fun begins at 5.5k.
everytime i set foot in the car i give it a thrashing i cant help it lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
gay, get it warm then bang it over to near 7k, mine sees that most nights, 63k no problemo