ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project. 56k beware

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Hi guys,

You may have seen some threads on my car about before but i thought i would join everything together to document the progress.

Bought in June 2009 with 15100 miles on it couldnt believe the miles and instantly bought it. It was in great condition and only had a few small niggles which you will see through its life.

June Day1
- round to djwdaves, off came the stickers from the dealership and in went the Silvervisions front and back!

100_3071.jpg

100_3072.jpg

100_3078.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the wheels were in need of a refurb in also had two crap front tyres and the front splitter was broken not major issues. I could live with these.

July
- 3/4 front plate

01072009.jpg

Then we went on the CS anstruther meet, was a great night some good roads visited t in the park, we got lost then made it to anstruther eventually.

All was going well then on the way home disater struck on the a92 outside lane at around 70 :cool:

09072009015.jpg

Complete blow out right off the rim! At the time I was quite calm saying to dave something not right here and arms were at 10 and 4 on the wheel.

We got pulled over safely dave pops the bonnet then I see the back wheel! So ofc being a cup have no spare only tyre foam! Had to wait on a spare coming for about an hour as none of the cs guys had one, we got bored and stuck in the foam!

August - Wheel refurb as the wheels were in a state bubling and really letting the car down!

Before:

bathroom001.jpg

After: As you can see also painted the the calipers yellow got bored!

bathroom016.jpg

They are a darker silver slightly but come with a flake through them so when its sunny they look really good was happy!

A cheeky shot of how the car was while my wheels were away!

Picture001.jpg

The keen eyed of you will see the splitter is gone from the pic above! at the same time i got at a diy fix for it!

bathroom012.jpg

Riveted some metal in to hold it together. Also glued the break together and then i painted it black. Though good enough to save some funds!

The height of the front of the car was annoying me, so pick up some sportlines to hopefully sort the problem!

Pic from day one:
100_3071.jpg

After - more of a nose down stance better imo!

16102009011.jpg

Ok so wheels sorted, Splitter done, suspension done!

17534 miles - was always worried about the belts as the car was over 5 years old so off to Falkland Performance in Fife for belt change and also oil Change! Kevin is a great guy and was really happy at £500 all in for it!

November -

RR day with CS at Falkland, made 169.4bhp and 143.3lbf.ft which seems good even if RR results arent accurate comparing them to the 182s there i was pretty happy for a standard car!
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=468205

Air filter needed changing so in went a new ITG panel filter no pictures needed here im sure you all know what they look like!

Few pics I took.

P1030477.jpg

P1030468.jpg

P1030489.jpg

December - Decat running on a standard system again fitted by Falkland performance! Car feels like it is not as restricted and sounds good! Also removed the caf from the standard air box. Its now running conti sports on all wheels as well!

[youtube]SRcD-nAIsNY[/youtube]

drive by
- Videos are not a strong point not but you get the idea(after 20 secs skip to 50 secs)

[youtube]CjQR2_ptOcQ[/youtube]

January 2010
- Hids fitted very happy at how they look!

172010.jpg

Febuary
- Got a great deal on some ph1 RS seats so took them! Cheers Cal, these are a temp fix until I get something better but really hate the cup interior so it had to go!

172008.jpg

172009.jpg

172007.jpg

172013.jpg

Future -

I have a JMS induction set up on order should be here soon.
Need new bullets as mine arent in the best shape
Coilovers potentially
Remap - quite like the jms overun map sounds good.

And Want a detailer to get there hands on it and give the paint a good going over!

Hope you enjoy!

Gaz

Skoda fabia Vrs
alright m8 nice motor.. am from lanark take it ur from carluke?

i have the red rs twingi i passed u a couple weeks ago in carluke at aldi..

steve

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
alright m8 nice motor.. am from lanark take it ur from carluke?

i have the red rs twingi i passed u a couple weeks ago in carluke at aldi..

steve

aye mate stay in carluke not seen you about give us a flash next time.

Cheers for the comments, aye ballsie you will know the locations.

And aye needs to go a tad lower all in time!

Skoda fabia Vrs
aye mate stay in carluke not seen you about give us a flash next time.

Cheers for the comments, aye ballsie you will know the locations.

And aye needs to go a tad lower all in time!

Okie dokie will do m8..Used to have a blue corsa c sri with white wheels if u remember that car

Looks tidy the way it is a knew it was a minter when i seen it as Tesco the 1st time.. Must have been just after u got it

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Okie dokie will do m8..Used to have a blue corsa c sri with white wheels if u remember that car

Looks tidy the way it is a knew it was a minter when i seen it as Tesco the 1st time.. Must have been just after u got it

Did you have it lowered quite a lot? think ive seen one around defo seen one up near carnwath one day!

Aye its in good condition for its age, still somethings im not happy with that will be fixed.

JMS Induction set up should be here tomorrow according to Tom so will be another addition.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
£500 for a belt change on a cup! f**k me!

and oil change, but yeah more expensive than a lot of you guys down south but time and convience :dapprove:

if you werent 5 hours away from me i would be down!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
JMS Induction set up arrived!

So now that it is fitted:

10032010061.jpg

Been for a good drive today prob around 80miles sounds great and pulls well, in terms of differences over the standard airbox and itg well who knows but looks good and sounds a bit better!

New rear brakes ordered and back to dave for a service this weekend! Will get a video up at some point.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Nope no cold air feed, jms have tested it and they found

"No requirement for a cold air feed and there was nothing extra on the kit during testing. We have looked at bumper based CAFs and there really is no advantage to them, water and dirt ingression becomes an issue and 'Ram Air' as it is often refereed to is a load of twoddle at any speed under 100mph, and even then it's effect is nominal on even the most efficient of induction tracts.

The housing sources the air from the cavity in front of the battery, where the air temperature is only 3-5 degrees above ambient @ 60mph, according to the theory this would cause a 0.6% loss in potential power due to air density, not worth it at all."

Ph 1 172
sweet i was thinking of taking them off for a while now to get a bit of extra noise without losing the good setup from the standard renault

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Update

A set of FK Konigsports came up on here for a good price so couldnt resist a few pics of the results it needs to go up a bit at as had a few rubs on the liners, car is needing a clean as well. Also still to get the car set up but waiting till we get the height perfect!

P100426_194255.jpg

P100426_194219.jpg

P100426_194133.jpg

P100426_194100.jpg

And the C and U of the Cup badge are to be put back on came off when washing the car not got round to it.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
needs a touch up on the front as got a slight rub on the lang whang on some of the tighter corners when pushing on but looks and handles so much better!

v6
Looking good ;)

How you finding the FK's? I found them awesome full soft on the front, halfway on the rear :)

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Cheers Gregg! I have yet to have a play with the settings we put the fronts on at where you left them to find we couldnt get it off the ramps ;) so had to put it up a tad lol!

Can tell they feel awesome already will have to mess around with the settings will the full soft front and half rear!

v6
Cheers Gregg! I have yet to have a play with the settings we put the fronts on at where you left them to find we couldnt get it off the ramps ;) so had to put it up a tad lol!

Can tell they feel awesome already will have to mess around with the settings will the full soft front and half rear!

Those settings can make roundabouts a bit more fun ;) if you're feeling brave put the rears on full hard!

Yeah, they go low don't they!

Glad you're enjoying them :)

Evo 8 MR
Dampers should be set to full hard at the rear and one turn from full hard on the front, for best handling.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Aye got them to that at the moment steve, still need to get the tracking set up but not had a chance yet!