ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup project, ultraleggera content....

Stripped yozza'd cup
^^^thought ultras were lighter? Looks nice jack. I'm sure my 15" ultras rub with r888 fitted. Can't remember the offset mind. Are you running spacers?

Cheers! No spacers yet, but it's only on Sportlines at the mo, may change when I get coilovers.

Haha I wa waiting for this update. Good effort!

I love it stripped :) Wish I'd done it a long time ago!

Sounds like you have some big plans - you got that engine yet?

No :( Basically I've had some issues with work over the last few months, they owe me quite a lot of money; so it's delayed my plans for now. Just hope they get their act together soon so I can get it sorted, I hate messing people around!

Nice work, its coming along nicely!

With regards to headlining, i havnt had any condensation issues as i have removed everything so the cold/heat passes right through the car on mornings so outside air and inside air is neutral more or less

Stripped yozza'd cup
Nice work, its coming along nicely!

With regards to headlining, i havnt had any condensation issues as i have removed everything so the cold/heat passes right through the car on mornings so outside air and inside air is neutral more or less

Cheers :)
You say everything.... is that including the dash and what not?
I've taken all of the rear out and have just bought some carbon door cards. All the carpet is out, I've just fixed the mats to the floor with velcro.

Stripped yozza'd cup
More updates!

Yozza race, ordered.
Bought some carbon door cards from Maynard
Ordered a Bimarco (as soon as I hear back from Tom with a revised price)
Ordered a TRS driftworks 4 point Harness (in orange) to go with the new seat.
Ordering new rear disks and pads on Tuesday as soon as places are open again!
Bought some Focus ST orange paint and will be going to town on the diamonds and bullets on Monday!

I'll post some pictures as things arrive / get done.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i love this little beast. every time i see this it makes me want to get rid of my standard wheels and get ultraleggaras. like it now its stripped (something else im contemplating). you say it doesnt make that much difference to noise, what about the way it drives? new upgrades sound sweet, i will be keeping an eye on this project.

Stripped yozza'd cup
i love this little beast. every time i see this it makes me want to get rid of my standard wheels and get ultraleggaras. like it now its stripped (something else im contemplating). you say it doesnt make that much difference to noise, what about the way it drives? new upgrades sound sweet, i will be keeping an eye on this project.

Cheers dude :)
It's definitely made a good difference to the way it drives, feels much lighter. The balance is a little bit off at the moment but I'm hoping that getting buckets and a cage will correct the weight distribution again.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Couple more small updates....

I decided I didn't like my odd coloured bullets, covered in little bubbles of corrosion, so I set about them with some spray paint.

01e40a5a.jpg

74b63a49.jpg

cc4ea8be.jpg

I ended up getting some Orange enamel spray paint instead of the ST orange that I was intending to get but I'm not sure that I like the colour, it looks good in the sun, but too 'skin coloured' in the shade. I'm going to buy a brighter Orange (perhaps VW brilliant orange?) tomorrow and redo them.

My OMP boss arrived this morning so I finally got to fit my new wheel!

d9de24da.jpg

It looks beautiful and is an enormous improvement over the melted, electrical tape covered crap that came off. The only trouble is that, my horn wires somehow got damaged, meaning that, every time I turned left, my horn would sound. INCREDIBLY embarrassing and quite a few angry people later, i decided to just tear it off. So a job for tomorrow is now to repair the wiring that I should never have pulled off in the first place.

Last edited:
  172 cup, Impreza P1
Wheel looks the dogs bangly bits. Cant wait for my name to get to the top of the list!

Hope you get your wiring issues sorted as I can imagine it could be quite embarassing.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Track day at Bedford....

a9ae7895.jpg

I definitely need some track day rubber.

My <1000 mile old hankook's are now FUBAR.

Rears: ( and what the fronts used to look like)

2f012c6b.jpg

And the post track day fronts....

89404d7a.jpg

e85ad164.jpg