ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project

Got my cup a couple of weeks ago now so thought I'd share what I've done so far with it. Really fun 2nd car for the money!
Firstly, needed a service so had this done a Renault in Preston and a full health check.
Fitted uprated Group N KTEC engine mounts (top and gearbox - which was a right pain). What a difference in fitting them though. No engine movement what so ever and instant throttle response. Bit of vibration in the cabin but I can live with that!
1.gif

2.gif

Also, thought it best to uprate the orignial dogbone mount underneath as these tend to be a weak spot when you have the other mounts uprated. So, I've fitted the Powerflex ones.
3.gif

Next up was the Brakes - think they were the original items from 2002! I've replaced the fronts with Brembo discs and Ferrodo Pads and rears were replaced with standard Renault Items and Ferrodo Pads. Much improved stopping power now. I also gave the arches a good clean whilst wheels were off!
4.gif

5.gif

Future plans:
Refurb Alloys
Yozza Sport exhaust and Decat
Espace V6 Airbox
Gave it a clean and took it out for a blast over the weekend:
6.gif

7.gif

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mint! Same as me, bit of a project on. Cant beat a nice standard looking Cup imo!

320d
Looks good. Looked mint at the Manchester meet the other day too. Where did you go buy the way?

Just noticed you said your from Lancaster too, I've seen a LY Vee up there on the A6 at the lights by the Revolution bar, most probably you. I'm up there a fair bit, my gf goes Lancaster uni.

Looks good. Looked mint at the Manchester meet the other day too. Where did you go buy the way?

Just noticed you said your from Lancaster too, I've seen a LY Vee up there on the A6 at the lights by the Revolution bar, most probably you. I'm up there a fair bit, my gf goes Lancaster uni.

Good to meet you the other day mate. Decided to head back woth the weather and wanted to get back for early afternoon.

Yep that was most prb me at top of town in the vee.