ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Project

RS6 C7
I recently purchased this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250910670741&ssPageName=ADME:B:BOC:GB:1123#ht_500wt_1202

I
paid £975 for it in the end which was a bargain

Collect in on monday and it drives superb, If you read the advert it says it has a gearbox knock in 3rd, Ive had it looked at and it just needs the top gearbox mount replacing as it was causing the exhaust to rub the subframe apparently, He has spent quite alot of money on it lately, New exhaust and mountings, Cambelt done, Engine mounts replaced.

Inside it in perfect condition bar the steering wheel which was melted and thumb grips missing, I have now replaced this with a mint one i had

The reason he was selling was because someone had poured brake fluid on the roof and bonnet, It is pretty bad and has caused the laquer to peel, Hopefully i can get away with just spraying the roof and bonnet and not need a full respray but i will take it to a mate in the next couple of weeks and see what he suggests,

Wheel will be refurbed this week and new tyres are purchased: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270790174565#ht_2850wt_1035

R
ear discs will be replaced at the start of next month but other than that i cant see anything else that will need doing,

1 other thing to mention is that it is cat c stolen recovered but at £975 i couldnt complain, I have been looking for a project for a while and this seemed a good one to go for,

Plan is just to get it absolutely mint and keep it for a few months, I wont be fitting much to it as i cant afford to insure any mods so will be staying standard.

I will upload some closeup pictures of the paint peel and other bits tommorow

Any comment welcome!

Iceberg 172
Real shame about the roof and bonnet, but I guess that meant you could grab it cheap!

Will be good to see it restored, that's for sure. Plans sound good, though!

RS6 C7
Wheels removed to be refurbed and have the new tyres fitted, As you can see the back off the car and the sides are pretty much mint, Once i have got the bonnet, roof and maybe the front bumper she should be looking tidy, I have actually fallen in love with it and i doubt i will have the heart to sell her on once she is back to mint.

Exuse the oz f1, That was a spare in the boot but i have now sold it on to a fellow member.
clccl006.jpg

clccl007.jpg

clccl008.jpg

RS6 C7
Alloys should be ready by the end of the week, £80 for a full refurb, Powdercoated aswell!. That includes fitting and balancing tyres + new valves.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I thought you bought a silver one off ebay? :S

Nice cup though, roof and bonnet should be a cheap repair.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't blame you. Cups are much easier to sell on (should you wish) than a silver 172.

RS6 C7
Dont think i will be selling it :) Need to spend a bit of money getting it right but it will be enjoyable seeing it back to it former glory, How much do you think i will be charged to spray the bonnet, roof & front bumper?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I get charged £100 a panel and £80 for a bumper. So £280 that would cost me.

I'd imagine somewhere in the region of £5-600 would be a good price. Just make sure they're a decent painter! So many cowboys out there.

RS6 C7
Pick my alloys up in the morning cant wait! Should be going in for some paint this next week coming :) Purchased some carbon fibre fog surrounds as they were cheap.

RS6 C7
Wheels collected and fitted :) Im really pleased with the finish, Only paid £80 for a full refurb and tyre fitting, There is a couple of small imperfections but you wouldnt notice unless you really looked hard, Here are some pictures :
cc002.jpg
cc001-1.jpg

RS6 C7
Looks like i will be letting this one go, Its had a s**t full respray at some point and the laquer peel is worse than i 1st thought, There are patches appearing everywhere, Needs sanding to primer and a full respray which will be £1000+ wherever you go, I will be selling the wheels & cup spoiler seperate and hopefully sell it on as a track car for someone, Shouldnt loose any money. :(

Seat Ibiza
Can't you leave it in a garage and sand it down for someone to paint, surely that would save alot of money?

You could just swap the bonnet for one from a scrap yard - piece of piss
Then just chuck a vinyl wrap on the roof - do it matt black or something

Utter bargain of a car if you ask me - engine and gearbox are worth that alone if you stripped it!

RS6 C7
Its had a good going over at a mates garage, Surprisingly there it very little wrong with it, Rear discs & pads (to be expected really) Rear shocks are fucked & thats it, Rang up a few bodyshops to see how much to just respray the 3 panels, I know it wont be mint but what do you expect for less than 1k.

Fiesta ST200
Seems a bargain considering what you paid. incredible.

Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

On a side note, have you sent that tow link out yet? :p