ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

172 cup rear belts gOne!!!

182/ 172 Cup
My offside rear seatbelt looks like it has gone off (pre tensioner) the airbag light didn't come on tho, should it have?

I removed the belt as it was unusable, now the lights come on!!!! What resistor can I put in the plug to fool the computer? I know it's possible just didn't know the resistance it needs?

I will replace it with a new belt with a new tensioner but want to see if the light will go off! For now I have replaced the belt but it was from a later Clio and didn't have a tensioner.

Cheers kris

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Front ones go off with a 10ohm resistor. Can't say for sure if that will work on a rear though sorry.

Clio16v/225 Trophy
Normally the SRS circuit is a self diagnosing system that looks for open circuits at 'key-on' test. If the circuits are all closed and the resistence readings on the trigger lines are within scope the light will go off and stay off with a resistor in place. However, If a crash signal has been sent to trigger a pre-tensioner then you won't get the light off and the SRS computer will need resetting/replacing before the light vanishes.

Mick

182/ 172 Cup
Yeah I get that Mick, does a crash signal have to be sent for the tensioner to have gone off? No airbags or anything were gone, also with the seatbelt in place the airbag light wasn't on! I spose il have to find the correct seatbelt to fit then see what happens from there?