ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Rear brake discs

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I got new front and rear EBC drilled and grooved discs and EBC greenstuff pads fitted to my cup on the same day about a year ago. The brakes were checked recently and found that i still have half the brake pad material left in the front and the discs were ok. The rear brake pads were very low and the discs were scored. Very strange how the rear pads would wear before the front!! I rarely use the handbrake and when parking the car leave it in gear with the handbrake off.

I've seen a few posts about discs with the rear bearing already pressed in but ive no idea if the EBC discs had the rear bearing in them!! would this "rear bearing issue" cause the pads to wear out faster?

Any ideas why this happened?

Cheers for any info.

Rear pads are only 6mm when new so what do they mean by low?

Scored sisks could be grit etc on the disks depending how bad it is. Also maybe the fact your not suing them there allowed to rudt etc the CUps in particualr need a bit of hammering on the rears to stop them rustsing etc as they don't do much work.

EBC they should come of have been fitted with new ones its unlikly your old bearings were used as its near impossible to get them out without breaking them.