ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup rear shocks

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Hey noticed one of my rear shockers are blown is there any difference in shocks through the models? As there's a few clios for scrap at my work

Cheers

Mickie

182 FF
All the 172/182 bar the trophy are the same mate. Not sure if any of the "lesser" models are, but should be ok as long as they've got rear discs

182 FF
Yeah the fronts are but NOT THE BACKS as requested. And thats only on a 182 cup fellas. I have a 172 cup like the OP and have changed the backs and renault only have one part number for all the 172 range. The spring rates are slightly different on a 172cup to a normal and 10mm shorter IIRC

By the way Mooser,have you got any pics of ya gti-r, I've had 2 and love em!

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Yeah the fronts are but NOT THE BACKS as requested. And thats only on a 182 cup fellas. I have a 172 cup like the OP and have changed the backs and renault only have one part number for all the 172 range. The spring rates are slightly different on a 172cup to a normal and 10mm shorter IIRC

So it has to be 172 shocks yeah? All the clios here are non sports, and yeah got loads of pics il post a few up when I get in tonight as I'm on my iPhone just now and don't know how to do it from this

Cheers

Mickie

Fiesta ST-2

Yeah so he can't use 182 shocks which is what you said earlier.

Stripped yozza'd cup

I have a 172 cup and have changed my shocks too.

I'm still pretty certain the cup shocks are different.

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Pics of my Gti-R :)

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00410-1.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

Image079.jpg

What happens if you drive them hard
13938091a7157235781l.jpg

DSC00089-1.jpg

in jap land :)
mycar-1.jpg

mycar2-2.jpg

mycar3-1.jpg

Enjoy :cool:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think the rear dampers come in different hardnesses (right word?) for cup or none cup, but they all fit each other apart from the fronts.

182 FF
they're ALL model specific

Learn something new everyday...

Nice Pulsar Mooser, funny my reg no. of my last one was M373 LAD! A guy called Tim on the GTIROC has my last one which was totally stock and near mint when I sold it, and then he stripped it and made it a track car:(. Its coming up for sale soon but tbh my clio is a better track car but I would love it back for a daily. Bad luck with the engine I've never had any probs or with the gearbox in the 4 years I had mine.

Cheers
Jez

Fiesta ST-2
Was hoping someone like Fred who knows what theyre talking about would confirm. Nowt wrong with having an idea and saying I think blah blah, but making a statement saying all are the same when you don't actually know is stupid tbh.

182 FF
Was hoping someone like Fred who knows what theyre talking about would confirm. Nowt wrong with having an idea and saying I think blah blah, but making a statement saying all are the same when you don't actually know is stupid tbh.

Your opinion is so important to me thanks for sharing it.

Pulsar Gti-r,LY 182
Learn something new everyday...

Nice Pulsar Mooser, funny my reg no. of my last one was M373 LAD! A guy called Tim on the GTIROC has my last one which was totally stock and near mint when I sold it, and then he stripped it and made it a track car:(. Its coming up for sale soon but tbh my clio is a better track car but I would love it back for a daily. Bad luck with the engine I've never had any probs or with the gearbox in the 4 years I had mine.

Cheers
Jez

Yeah I remember the car as it was a similar plate mine was near standard when I got it if had no issues with the box just engines it came with a modded ecu so was over fueling the engines back out at the moment for a head build should see around the 400 bhp mark when it's all done so a nice toy :) I'm enjoying the Clio too done a few wee things to it and just ordered a yozza race system for it :)

182 FF
Yeah I remember the car as it was a similar plate mine was near standard when I got it if had no issues with the box just engines it came with a modded ecu so was over fueling the engines back out at the moment for a head build should see around the 400 bhp mark when it's all done so a nice toy :) I'm enjoying the Clio too done a few wee things to it and just ordered a yozza race system for it :)

Good stuff my first one with 300bhp was quick enough so 400 should be ballistic! Hope you get your your shocks sorted for the clio, and obviously dont take any notice of what I say lol

182 FF

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2793&appid=2

K-tec list the 172/182/172cup the same, only the 182cup is different. so I was'nt too far from the mark. But I'm sure K-tec dont know what they're on about either...:rasp:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think the point is, all the rear shocks fit, but they are not the same.