ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup ride Height

Clio 182
I've always thought my cup ride height is extremly high.

Today i parked mine side on to another Clio 172 that also has standard suspention and it seems to sit 15-20mm lower than mine.

Does this sound right!!

The arse end of mine sat alot lower than the front when I bought mine. Noticed it alot on other cups as well. It's got to be something to do with the springs because when I fitted my Sportlines the ride height was equal on front and back.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The front on all the 172's will be heavier due to the engine.

Best asking people to measure there cars from the top of the arch to the ground and then comparing with yours

Clio 182
The cup brochure states that the cup has revised suspention hith a higher front spring rate & firmer ride with a 3 degree increased front caster angle.

I've got the Renault manual for the 172 cup. PM me your e-mail if you want a copy.

It tells you what the ride height should be. I'd post the values but you need the diagram to make sense of them.

ALL cups which i've ever seen that are standard ride height always look really high, it looks a bit daft imo. I'd be out there getting it lowered a bit.