ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Santa Pod

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
i went last sunday at the street nationals in my 182 and only managed a 15.03, i was gutted not to get into the 14's. i know what you mean about wheel spin it is slippery on that strip

big boost cup
With that proper box you should be bloody quick if you can get grip, and even if you can't your terminals well easily be the right side of 100 mph

thats it now grip been looking for drag slicks lately just so hard to find them over here. its done a 13.04 @ 107 but that was quite a lot different in setup to what it will be in a month or so

Clio 182
A friend of mine did 15 seconds dead on the same day in his EP3 with exhaust system, decat and K+N Induction kit.
White Fiesta ST did 15.8 there too and another friend did 15.7 in his EM1 Civic Coupe B16

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
A friend of mine did 15 seconds dead on the same day in his EP3 with exhaust system, decat and K+N Induction kit.
White Fiesta ST did 15.8 there too and another friend did 15.7 in his EM1 Civic Coupe B16

yeah i saw the white ST...think it had red wheels?

53 Clio's & counting
i went last sunday at the street nationals in my 182 and only managed a 15.03, i was gutted not to get into the 14's. i know what you mean about wheel spin it is slippery on that strip

Try not launching in the middle of the strip - if there is any moisture in the air, the middle of the strip gets greasy as every car parks in the same spot in the middle of the track and puts 2 lines of rubber in the same place - moisture and rubber makes a greasy track (ooh-err)

If you move to the far left or far right, you miss the rubber laid down and 'should' get better grip, though it differs day to day. Once you play around and find the best bit for grip you shouldn't have any issues, even with over 190 bhp I was only getting a chirp off the start line and that was on road tyres

thats it now grip been looking for drag slicks lately just so hard to find them over here. its done a 13.04 @ 107 but that was quite a lot different in setup to what it will be in a month or so

Hmmm, the issue with them is you put a huge amount of stress on the rest of the car, and you need to keep them warm - what are you using at the moment?

big boost cup
Hmmm, the issue with them is you put a huge amount of stress on the rest of the car, and you need to keep them warm - what are you using at the moment?[/QUOTE]

Im running 888s at about 14psi. the new drag slicks from mickey thompson require little to no burn out so it says on the website. the drive shafts clutch etc have all been uprated to

53 Clio's & counting
thats dair enough mate, Id rather have some softer compound track based tyres, only because id want there to be a little slip - that way it will spin up slightly rather than something else breaking

big boost cup
Thats what i thought. will have to play it buy ear and find out the 888s I will be using ars supersofts so should be ok for a while. are you going to be running the DUF bus?

53 Clio's & counting
Yup, though if im still on the Toyo Proxy 4 crap iv got on now I won't have any grip at all lol.

With it not mapped right, and full interior, plus these crappy tyres, if I can get high 14's to start il be happy - aiming for low 14's once mapped :)