ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup seems to be running lumpy on tick over.

clio 172 cup
well my clio seems to be running lumpy on tick over. i have just had the cam belt done but the car run lumpy befor i had the cam belt done any way. and also my clutch i just cant get the hang of it. it like every time i go to pull away i have to think clucth or i just stool the car if you no wot i meen....

any help on these please thanks.

oh only had the car two week and really like it just these two thing are really
doing my head in...

lol @ stool, sounds like "s**t" clutch and/or clutch control.

Lumpy idle is usual from cold on 172's so don't worry too much. If it runs like a bag of spanners when warm then there's something wrong.

clio 172 cup
yeah..the car seems to drive how it should performance wish but really lumpy ticking over. on cold it lumpy but once warm still the same like it
missing or some think i duno. is ther any think i can try...

Is it actually misfiring? If so, what's the mileage and have the plugs ever been changed? Coilpacks aren't uncommon to fail.

clio 172 cup
well mate, the mileage is only 73k and service is up to date all stamps are in the book up to 2009 but i dont no if
it next service soon to come or wot..also for the plugs hard to say but i fort thay would of been change on service....

thanks for your reply mate...

The plugs should have just been changed on the 72k service. Check the history with the car and see if they have. If not then I'd change them first as a matter of course anyway and see if there's any improvement.

clio 172 cup
ok nice one mate think im gonna do that this week end. would you no witch are the best plugs for the 172 engine..

cheers thanks..

Most people on here recommend the OE NGK platinums. I personally am using denso iridium power's with no issues.