ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup shift beep

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
I was wondering, my cup has a shift light on the dash, however having spent plenty of time in a 200 i miss the novelty of an audiable shift warning. Basically I miss the beep.

So i was wondering, is there any way i could rig something up to have the beep in a 172 cup.

Thanks in advance.

172 Cup
Hahaa!

I have to admit it would be fairly handy having a small beep, seen as the Shift light is positioned in the worst place ever.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be happy it's gone, nobody should need a beep to tell them when to change gear.

But you could get the pinouts of the dash and wire in a smal buzzer behind the instrument panel I guess.

Clio Cup
I'd be happy it's gone, nobody should need a beep to tell them when to change gear.

But you could get the pinouts of the dash and wire in a smal buzzer behind the instrument panel I guess.

What he said - Find the wire that supplies the power for the light and wire a buzzer in should do the trick i suppose

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
172dashwiring1.jpg

172dashwiring2.jpg

Looks like it's controlled by the gauge itself. You'd have to take the panel apart and solder directly onto the shift light LED.

Clio Cup
Itll be 4 wont it rev counter information

Maybe pop the cluster out take it for a drive with a multimeter see what comes up when the shift light comes on

unless its under one of the - Not used ones and they just arnt telling us

Talking of beeping cups, I noticed mine beeps quietly at 94mph. Only just noticed it the other day and no matter how loud I turned the stereo up, that's all I could concentrate on.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Itll be 4 wont it rev counter information

Not quite. 4 will be a pulsed signal which is constantly telling the rev counter what RPM to display. More likely there's a microchip in the dash display somewhere which looks at the signal and when RPM = >6500 (or whatever it is), turn shift light ON.

Talking of beeping cups, I noticed mine beeps quietly at 94mph. Only just noticed it the other day and no matter how loud I turned the stereo up, that's all I could concentrate on.

Hyperspace drive. (IIRC there's a speed warning beep which can be turned on in CLIP - @Danlp6 knows.)

EDIT: he can travel in time, and reply before I've even called him in here.

Clio Cup
Was over simplyfying/complicating the fact the if you got the value for say 6k - you could programme a beep to that value................

PB172,dci100,dci65
What is that Arabia over speed function? I have seen in in CLIP but did not try to turn it on:) What is its purpose?

Clio Cup
4 wires twisted together in pairs to prevent interference and with an overall resistance of 5ohms. Lots of dealig with it on hgvs

Canbus will be a whole world of difficulty. Nothing to say it cant be done