ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup Springs - Standard or Eibachs?

Megane R26
I apologise if this has been done to death, I have had a search but it didn't completely answer my question.

So the rear springs on my 172 Cup will need replacing in the next few months, and these are the 2 options a mate of mine suggested.

The first option - Replace the rear springs with OEM from Renault, (£91 each I believe), which I'm told require little skill to replace (I'm far from a mechanic)
The Second Option - Buy some Eibach Pro's all round and get them fitted or ask a favour from a mate.

I'm not too sure on the price of pro's, but my main question is, Does the 172 Cup need uprated springs when the car handles so well anyway with OEM springs?

Which would be the better option?

Thanks

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Eibachs defo...have not tried Sportlines...but Prolines do seem to be good in my opinion.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Eibachs if going for new. I think I've got a set of rear cup springs if you want to buy them off me for not a lot of money?

/plug