ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup tyres? V or W speed rating?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
V

get conti's imo there the best allrounder. 195/45/R16. Kwik fit were doing 4 for 3 recently on them as well.

Nippy white cup
Be careful. The contis have a stiffer tyre wall than most...I got a full set of Uniroyal Rainsports and it felt like the car was floating and around bends it felt awful so I'm always worried about changing them. I have done some track work and tbh the Contis were ok imo. Better tyres out there but also much worse

Chris

Ad

MK2 FRS
Back on Contis on the FST and I just dont like the way they give up grip. they seem to slip quite easily. Also poor tyre life and they squel realtively easy. PE2s are significantly better in my experience.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
V

get conti's imo there the best allrounder. 195/45/R16. Kwik fit were doing 4 for 3 recently on them as well.

I bought 4 conti's a week ago after spending 4 months on the tyres I got on the car when I bought it in Jan (stupid random assortment of two conti's on front, one Mich and one cheap on back......does not inspire confidence lol).

Kwik-fit, went online and got 30% off so £278 for 4 'all in' price. Very slippy till they started to bed in obviously, but I slightly agree with the coment made here that they give up grip easily. Generally v. good tyre tho all round and give confidence once you are used to the limits. Also with the same tyres all round the car feels a lot more balanced and 'neutral' when being pushed in corners now!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
V

I bought 4 conti's a week ago after spending 4 months on the tyres I got on the car when I bought it in Jan (stupid random assortment of two conti's on front, one Mich and one cheap on back......does not inspire confidence lol).

Kwik-fit, went online and got 30% off so £278 for 4 'all in' price. Very slippy till they started to bed in obviously, but I slightly agree with the coment made here that they give up grip easily. Generally v. good tyre tho all round and give confidence once you are used to the limits. Also with the same tyres all round the car feels a lot more balanced and 'neutral' when being pushed in corners now!

they can be a bit shite in the wet, but are reasonably hard wearing you can get 10k easily out of them unless decked on its arse.

I think once warm they grip fine and thats coming from the roundabout capital of the UK!