ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup vs 182 Trophy

i find it hard work having to be anally careful about what i type on here for fear of contributing to the upset of the overly-sensitive. it'd be much easier for all if some didn't assume that what someone has typed is finite and then over-react in reply

M2 Competition
Lol, ended up in those that own either model really defensively guarding their own.

I had a cup for 3 years. Horses for courses really, would rather have a trophy given the choice of the two.

Yes its 3k more, but its also 3 years newer, with about a grands worth of seats, ac and apparently amazing dampers.

Not driven one but looking to take one out soonish to see how much better the suspension makes it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
i find it hard work having to be anally careful about what i type on here for fear of contributing to the upset of the overly-sensitive. it'd be much easier for all if some didn't assume that what someone has typed is finite and then over-react in reply

Ignore me...I am being pedantic.

My response wouldn't have been so 'sharp' had I not been, in a slightly aggressive manner, branded an ill-informed oik by Steve.

I know they're re-buildable, and quite cheaply too.

wasn't thinking of you, Mark :)) )
also wouldn't mind experiencing a Trophy; do the dampers make it feel much different on road or do you really need a track to appreciate them?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
wasn't thinking of you, Mark :)) )
also wouldn't mind experiencing a Trophy; do the dampers make it feel much different on road or do you really need a track to appreciate them?
It's road optimised, feels amazing on b-roads.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
LOL, I wasn't misinformed and I'm not an oik!!!

I mention about not being able to afford to REPLACE them, and I get abuse followed by a link to a thread showing how they can cost effectively be RE-BUILT.

Let's see...how many people get standard dampers rebuilt once they start leaking? None at all.

Why's that then? Because they can afford to replace them becuase they are so cheap.

If the Sachs dampers were cheap enough to buy and within the means of the average Trophy owner, rebuilding would not be necessary so my original post is 100% factually correct.

Thank you!
Hey Mark,

I was under the impression that normal dampers aren't designed to be rebuilt, whereas the Trophy's are (correct me if I'm wrong).