ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 cup

I am thinking of buying a clio 172 cup. Can anyone answer the following questions.

Is it supposed to a have a spare wheel?

What was the standard wheel/tyre size as factory fitted? The one Im looking at has TSW alloys which appear to have a centre pin.

Also it is has modified suspension but not sure what exactly was modified all I could see was that it had yellow springs. Are these non standard?

No spare wheel to save weight. Can of tyre weld or something totally useless because if you use it the tyre company might not repair the puncture. Best bet is to get one of those tyre service kits and use the plugs to cap the puncture.

TSWs are not factory fitted and yellow springs are non standard.

Remapped derv Golf

The standard wheels are 16 speedline Turinis and the rubber is 195/45

Its not supposed to have a spare wheel to save weight over the standard 172

1. It doesnt have a spare wheel. It has two foam canister things that you inject into the tyre valve to harden the tyre to get you home/garage.

2. The standard wheel is 16" with 195/45/16s i think.

2. 3mm lower than standard 172 and the cup has a slightly wider track. (im sure someone will correct me if im slightly wrong)

Quote: Originally posted by zulu705 on 28 March 2005

I am thinking of buying a clio 172 cup. Can anyone answer the following questions.

Is it supposed to a have a spare wheel? no, just 2 tins of get me home foam!

What was the standard wheel/tyre size as factory fitted? The one Im looking at has TSW alloys which appear to have a centre pin. standard wheels are 16" with 195x45x16 rubber

Also it is has modified suspension but not sure what exactly was modified all I could see was that it had yellow springs. Are these non standard? I think apex ones are yellow - someone else will verify this im sure. My Eibach ones are black.

Hope this helps mate.

Mac

Thanks for all the quick replies!

The alloys though how do you attach a centre pin thing to the hub? ie. what other mods will it have to allow for this?

The alloys though how do you attach a centre pin thing to the hub? ie. what other mods will it have to allow for this?
it sounds like the pin is there to hold a centre cap in place. If you remove the pin it will prob allow access into the wheel bolts. There is no way a pin can hold a wheel on whatsoever

Also does it have the auto lights and wipers?
The 172 proper has the auto lights and wipers. Have you been to see a 172 - or even a standard 172 Cup for that matter?

Theres a lot on the market at the moment and youd be wise to find the best you can for your money.

Ill bet that the TSW wheels arent fitted directly to the axles - TSW make some models of wheel that have centre caps that look like the wheel is fitted directly to the axle.