ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 - Dashcam wiring

Clio 172 Cup
Hi All,

Currently got a Mio 388 Dashcam which I have plugged into the cigarette socket for power. As you can imagine, this is a bit messy and means the cigarette socket cant be used for anything else.

I was planning to wire this directly into a switched live wire inside the interior light, however before I go to dismantle it does anyone have any info/diagrams to hand about what wires run to the light?

Only thread I can find about this seems to be dead and I don't see the point in bumping it

Thanks

Sam

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks Thomas - looks like a plan

Is the wiring for the cig lighter in the footwell, or would I have to follow it all the way back to the back of the lighter its self?

Thanks Thomas - looks like a plan

Is the wiring for the cig lighter in the footwell, or would I have to follow it all the way back to the back of the lighter its self?

Back to the cig lighter itself, but you can get the cable over the top of the glove box then drop it down. You can just pull out the plastic bit where the cig lighter is for better access!