ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine mounts

ph - Quick Silver!
does anybody know how much mounts there are on a ph1 172 ive changed the 3 main ones i know about top,gearbox lower and upper gearbox and my engine is still flaping about and vibrateing like mad are there any more other then these 3 main ones to stop the engine from moveing

Did you have the engine jacked up when you changed them?

When its jacked up its handy to have someone pull the engine forward when tighening the mounts.

Worked a treat for me.

ph - Quick Silver!
Did you have the engine jacked up when you changed them?

When its jacked up its handy to have someone pull the engine forward when tighening the mounts.

Worked a treat for me.

done this aswell no luck still flaps about and vibrates

you're missing one of the gearbox ones - have you done the dogbone? (that one probably makes the most difference)

3 are shown here (http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2471), without the dogbone

if it's the rubber support block you've not done yet, it's probably not going to make much difference unless it's seperated from the metal work, as it's just a support/packing piece

could uprate the dogbone for poly (which helps) or try KTEC's uprated mounts, or the Kangoo mount (jury's out on that one at the mo - check search)

ph - Quick Silver!
3 are shown here (http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2471), without the dogbone

if it's the rubber support block you've not done yet, it's probably not going to make much difference unless it's seperated from the metal work, as it's just a support/packing piece

could uprate the dogbone for poly (which helps) or try KTEC's uprated mounts, or the Kangoo mount (jury's out on that one at the mo - check search)

thats the one i havernt changed