ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 engine mounts

Clio 172
I've had an intermittent noise coming from what I assumed was my clutch relaese bearing over the last couple of days, which I know is a costly job. Ive done a bit of reading on the forums and found a thread (which I cannot find again) that mentions engine mount failure. I've looked at the top mount on the drivers side turret and it deffo needs replacing. My question is, would this cause the intermittent noise that could sound as if it was coming from my transmission. I'm sorry if this comes accross as a bit vague but I really wouldnt know how to describe it. I'm going to buy a couple of replacement engine mounts and do them at some point this week.

thanks in advance
Andy.

Depends how much the mounts have worn somehting might just be getting close to a driveshaft or the engine etc.

is it like a tapping/ knockin noise? and stops when u press the clutch if so iv had the same kinda problem since havin a new gearbox and clutch kit fitted
Would be glad to know if this is the same what the cause is